Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USA production Glock 28.... with pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Yes
    I thought the 42 was not a blow back -- is this model different?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    It is a 26 sized .380, the 25 is a 19 sized .380. This one is US made as the Austrian made ones couldn't make enough points to be imported supposedly. The 28 in the picture we just sold...
    Sounds very innovative!

🥱

Joking aside I can see some market here for people with hand issues, arthritis, etc as long as the slide isn't terribly hard to rack.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I thought the 42 was not a blow back -- is this model different?
    Yeah. The 42 is locked breech. The 25 and 28 were quick, simple, efficient adaptations of the 26 and 19 to straight blowback 380 for sale in countries where 9mm is illegal for civilian use. It's a decades old gun, nothing new, just not previously sold in the US because they're kind of stupid for the product line.

I can't imagine a single reason to buy them in the US unless you're a hardcore Glock collector and just have to round out the stable.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Sounds very innovative!

🥱

Joking aside I can see some market here for people with hand issues, arthritis, etc as long as the slide isn't terribly hard to rack.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    My understanding is that similar to the P365 .380 since the Glock 25 and 28 are direct blowback they actually kick more than locked breech 9mm. The G42 is mild because it’s a locked breach.

Here's the ATF's Import Points Worksheet... https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...-4590/download

Calibers up to .380 ACP are only award 3 points compared to 9mm or larger (10 points). That is usually enough difference that imported .380 don't make the points cutoff (75 points needed), based on other features. There was an LE exemption but not much LE interest, which accounts for the few examples floating around and trading paws from time to time until recently.

Glock (Ze Perfection) didn't make them in the USA until now, I suppose, because who wants a .380 AND blowback Glock when you can get a 9mm AND locked breech instead at your local corner gat shack, so the USA market wasn't there.

I think Glock making these in the USA right now isn't because of some sort of new-found USA domestic market... I once heard it was cheaper for Glock to manufacture in the USA and export to elsewhere, especially in South America and African markets, than it was to manufacture elsewhere and import to the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My understanding is that similar to the P365 .380 since the Glock 25 and 28 are direct blowback they actually kick more than locked breech 9mm. The G42 is mild because it’s a locked breach.
    P365-380 has a tilting barrel and very mild recoil.

Site Supporter
    Both Kel-Tec and a Ruger can produce very tiny tilt-barrel .380 pistols, Glock and Sig can produce not quite as tiny tilt barrel .380 pistols, and S&W can produce tilt barrel .380 EZ pistols. I do not understand a presently made straight blowback .380 unless it is based on a historical design and marketed on that basis.

Summation:

Glock made a fat .380 when it might have been relevant, but couldn't get them into the US. Now that the SIG P365 is the answer in .380/9mm, Glock doesn't do the smart thing (a 42X .380), instead they push their old fat ass design out the door and hope for the best.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I mean like why? Would like to see a 42 with more boolits. Also, dream of a true LCP like Pocket Glock and Pocket Sig. In .30 suoer carry, no less! My current favorite round🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Summation:

Glock made a fat .380 when it might have been relevant, but couldn't get them into the US. Now that the SIG P365 is the answer in .380/9mm, Glock doesn't do the smart thing (a 42X .380), instead they push their old fat ass design out the door and hope for the best.
    I bet five Pistol Forum bucks that Glock didn't "make anything" with this new model except a pistol that a distributor offered to buy a big number of. If they don't have time to get a 26 MOS out, I can't imagine them doing innovation around a tired .380 design.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List