Thread: Anyone know when Federal introduced its Tactical Bonded handgun ammo line?

Anyone know when Federal introduced its Tactical Bonded handgun ammo line?

I'm trying to find out when Federal introduced its apparently-defunct Tactical Bonded handgun ammo line. This included loads like LE9T1, LE9T5, LE40T1, LE40T2, LE45T1, etc. The first I can find of the line is that several loads were in the 2004 LE catalog, with no mention of them being new. I don't have any LE catalogs for Federal products from 1985-2003, so I'm in the dark about their availability during any of those years. The loads listed above were also in the 2010, 2014, and 2015 LE catalogs, but all were absent from the 2016 LE catalog. AFAIK, none of them ever appeared in a non-LE Federal/ATK/VISTA catalog.

IIRC it was in the early 2000's. I still cant beleive they stopped making it a while back, that was my goto round for a long time. Im down to like 25 boxes... They stop selling a top notch round but keep making that hydro shokshit... WTF federal???

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    IIRC it was in the early 2000's. I still cant beleive they stopped making it a while back, that was my goto round for a long time. Im down to like 25 boxes... They stop selling a top notch round but keep making that hydro shokshit... WTF federal???
    HST made it redundant.

Like gun companies, ammo companies exist to make money, not ammo. Hydra Shock remains in production because there are people willing to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    Velo, thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    HST made it redundant.

Like gun companies, ammo companies exist to make money, not ammo. Hydra Shock remains in production because there are people willing to pay for it.
    HCM, thanks.

User Tag List