Thread: Shield Plus Trigger Shoe in M2.0 Compact

Site Supporter

Shield Plus Trigger Shoe in M2.0 Compact

Got a little crazy today. Had an extra Shield Plus trigger shoe laying around and wanted to see what it would be like in the compact. I know that the shield series and full size guns are pretty similar in design but I never thought it would work as well as it does. Note, I would never fire the gun like this and this was just a fun experiment but it does, in fact, function quite well - with the glaring exception of the trigger safety not fully engaging the frame. However, this makes me even more upset with Smith by not simply designing an identical trigger to the Shield plus for the full size guns instead of their new flat trigger they put in the full size guns.

Name:  043AEF4E-E914-455C-9425-3C2EB72FB27B.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  28.1 KB

Video of trigger in action:

https://imgur.com/a/GuiSXKx
    Last edited by Brianjkeene; 03-20-2023 at 06:44 PM.

Since the 2.0 came out 1st that would mean the plus would get its trigger wich is't near as good.

Does the magazine still fit? I’d expect the shield trigger bar may not provide sufficient lateral clearance from the magazine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    Does the magazine still fit? I’d expect the shield trigger bar may not provide sufficient lateral clearance from the magazine.
    I installed the Shield Plus shoe on the M2.0 compact bar.

User Tag List