Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incremental progress on CA pistol registry

Site Supporter

Incremental progress on CA pistol registry

https://adi.artemishq.com/boland-v-bonta/

LCI, mag disconnect, and micro stamping enjoined.

While it seems small, it's a big step in the right direction.
    The tyrants in Sacramento have to now carefully consider how they want to fight this. Either have some control by keeping the Safe Handgun Roster or fighting this decision hard and having the roster tossed along with any remaining control and the extortion fees from "testing" the handguns and the annual renewal "fees".

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    While it seems small, it's a big step in the right direction.
    The tyrants in Sacramento have to now carefully consider how they want to fight this. Either have some control by keeping the Safe Handgun Roster or fighting this decision hard and having the roster tossed along with any remaining control and the extortion fees from "testing" the handguns and the annual renewal "fees".
    The writing has been on the wall since Bruen was decided. They do not care. "Full Retard" is the term that comes to mind.

CA has decided not to appeal the micro stamping portion of the injunction, and is allowing pistols that have the mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator to be submitted for the roster.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    CA has decided not to appeal the micro stamping portion of the injunction, and is allowing pistols that have the mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator to be submitted for the roster.
    I look forward to seeing Gen 5 Glocks, Walther PDPs and Staccatos for sale to the general public in California gun shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not seen this. Can you please clarify or provide a source?

I understand the CA DOJ is appealing the recent loaded chamber indicator and mag disconnect decision. The only thing they're not appealing is the microstamping portion of Judge Carney's decision.

ETA: Chronology of the case from Michel & Associates. I don't claim to understand all the the legal stuff, but as far as I know, the LCI and mag disconnect requirements are still very much in play. If I'm misinformed, somebody please let me know. I would be delighted to be wrong.
    Last edited by Mark D; 04-02-2023 at 10:30 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post

I understand the CA DOJ is appealing the recent loaded chamber indicator and mag disconnect decision. The only thing they're not appealing is the microstamping portion of Judge Carney's decision.

ETA: Chronology of the case from Michel & Associates. I don't claim to understand all the the legal stuff, but as far as I know, the LCI and mag disconnect requirements are still very much in play. If I'm misinformed, somebody please let me know. I would be delighted to be wrong.
    I think you and 5pins are agreeing with each other. CA is still requiring pistols to have LCIs and mag disconnects to make it on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I think you and 5pins are agreeing with each other. CA is still requiring pistols to have LCIs and mag disconnects to make it on the roster.
    Yes.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post

Pistols that have a mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator can now be summited for approval to be put on the roster. The micro stamping portion is no longer a requirement.

Pistols that have a mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator can now be summited for approval to be put on the roster. The micro stamping portion is no longer a requirement.
    Yes… With the wrinkle that California has a stringent requirement for what the LCI looks like. The sort where the extractor shows a bit of red won’t cut it. It needs to be a little flag with a warning label, like below, so manufacturers will need to create new models to satisfy the requirement (even if they already have a magazine disconnect mechanism).

Name:  IMG_0047.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  40.6 KB

User Tag List