Thread: Jager Uncaptured Guide Rod 17.3 question.

Jager Uncaptured Guide Rod 17.3 question.

I’ve been looking for an uncaptured guide rod for my G17 for a month or two and was going to get the White Sound one until I saw how far it sticks out and searching around on this forum I saw a few mentions of Jager guide rods and they seem to be what I’m looking for I’m just curious what the difference is between I guess the “regular” model and the Heavy one.

Is the heavy/larger diameter one more suited to competition use than carry use or something? Any downsides picking one over the other for a regular otherwise stock G17 shooting NATO type ammo?

Thanks!

Is the heavier one for the 34? If it is then it's probably extended like my gen 5 one is

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Is the heavier one for the 34? If it is then it's probably extended like my gen 5 one is

Actually it slipped my mind that the 34 and 17 use the same recoil assembly and it would make sense that the "heavies" are meant more for it, though it kind of throws me off that the also make a G19 one in the Heavy .270" model. I found another site that sells Jager stuff and they said the .270" need to use round Wolff recoil springs and the flat factory looking GLOCK type won't work so I guess I will check out the standard diameter model so thanks

What is the benefit of an uncaptured recoil spring for a Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    What is the benefit of an uncaptured recoil spring for a Glock?
    It's easier to swap recoil springs. And if you use a 34/35 then you can use an extended guide rod that is heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    It's easier to swap recoil springs. And if you use a 34/35 then you can use an extended guide rod that is heavier.
    Thanks

User Tag List