Good info MOLON thank you

"significantly" Faster, lighter, monometal is what I guess i shouldve said....
a 9mm 115 grain isnt really what i meant by "faster lighter"

ANyway I think were off track - bullets impacting at 3,000 or 30,000 fps will not kill any living thing because of an internal shockwave (hydrostatic shock) related to velocity is what I have surmised in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post

During the infamous 1986 FBI Miami Shootout, one of the opening shots in the gunfight fired by FBI Special Agent Dove hit Platt in the right arm, continued into his thorax, but stopped just short of Platt’s heart; due to the inadequate penetration of the 9mm 115 grain Winchester SilverTip ammunition that was issued at the time. A deeper penetrating round would have ruptured Platts heart.

This one shot ruptured the brachial blood vessels of Platt’s right arm and collapsed Platt’s right lung causing a hemopneumothorax with 1300 ml of blood loss into the right lung cavity. Even with these wounds, Platt was able to continue shooting at, hitting and causing severe wounds to additional FBI agents; all because of a bullet that failed to penetrate a minimum of 12”.

While the average anteroposterior diameter of the upper thorax of an adult American male is approximately 9.5”, gun fights tend to be rather unpredictable by nature so they’re not always going to occur under the circumstances that the Internet Commando seems to assume that they will and you might just need more penetration than that 9.5”.

If a bullet has to penetrate the aggressor’s right arm before continuing to travel into the thorax of the aggressor, (say from a right lateral shot while the bad guy is trying to exit a vehicle in order to kill you) you’re going to need, on average, 12” of penetration to perforate the heart; more penetration of you want to pass through the left ventricle. This is why the FBI’s penetration requirement is 12” to 18”.