Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Feel" safer? Gun Free Zone signs in Times Square NYC.

"Feel" safer? Gun Free Zone signs in Times Square NYC.

NYC installs Gun Free Zone signs in Times Square. Everyone is safer now.

LOL that will fix everything

If they would just put up “crime free zone” signs I’m sure that would fix all of the problems

I don't live near NYC, but definitely safer since I avoid GRZ. Not too many in Idaho, however.

From a friend:
    People who live in Times Square have been told to turn in their permits.
    Better living brought to you by the insane politicians!

Site Supporter
    This has been in place for several months.
    I recall reading a news story about the first shooting in that GFZ about a month ago.

Maybe Clarence will get a chance to fix it. I hope so, but, that's all I can muster for now is a bit of Hope.
    Elections have consequences. Or something.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

i can tell you from first hand experience, Gun Free Zones DO NOT WORK!

I have been to many Gun Free Zones. In fact, I deliberately seek them out to put them to the test. No matter how hard I tried, I have I never gotten anyone to give me a gun free. Complete scam!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    From a friend:

Better living brought to you by the insane politicians!
    If true that will keep some attorneys employed briefly. Heller, Bruen, and their progeny, make it clear that's a foolish idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    If true that will keep some attorneys employed briefly. Heller, Bruen, and their progeny, make it clear that's a foolish idea.
    It will be more than briefly. Basically, NY passed legislation in response to Bruen that made the permit that was now theoretically easier to get even less useful, as there is now a laundry list of prohibited places, including any businesses open to the public unless they post otherwise, houses of worship, any form of public transportation, parks, etc.

Now, for me in NYC, the situation is still essentially as shitty as it was before. A little worse, actually, but essentially as shitty.

For Glenn, upstate, it made his very useful permit that allowed him to carry essentially useless except for walking around the block, making sure that he doesn't step onto the sidewalk by a school, church, or playground.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    It will be more than briefly. Basically, NY passed legislation in response to Bruen that made the permit that was now theoretically easier to get even less useful, as there is now a laundry list of prohibited places, including any businesses open to the public unless they post otherwise, houses of worship, any form of public transportation, parks, etc.

Now, for me in NYC, the situation is still essentially as shitty as it was before. A little worse, actually, but essentially as shitty.

For Glenn, upstate, it made his very useful permit that allowed him to carry essentially useless except for walking around the block, making sure that he doesn't step onto the sidewalk by a school, church, or playground.
    I understand what you're saying, but in light of Heller, Bruen, and recent District Court rulings, I don't think the fed courts will be tolerant of the idea that someone can't have a permit because their residence is included in a "Gun Free Zone." Nor do I think they will be very tolerant of the concept that someone will not be able to carry when travelling to and from their residence. I might not agree with it, but I understand what the politicians are trying to do. However, without a huge change in the Supreme Court, they are most likely on a fool's errand. Sucks in the short term, but likely to work in favor of those who want to carry in the long term.

User Tag List