Thread: Radio.Garden: Free Streaming Radio Stations from Around the World

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Radio.Garden: Free Streaming Radio Stations from Around the World

Trying to kill time on the Internet? Check out Radio.Garden. It's a giant directory of account-free streaming radio stations from all around the world. Pick a point on the globe, hover over one of the green dots, and start listening.

Name:  radiogarden.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  48.9 KBName:  radio_garden.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  34.2 KB
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Trying to kill time on the Internet? Check out Radio.Garden. It's a giant directory of account-free streaming radio stations from all around the world. Pick a point on the globe, hover over one of the green dots, and start listening.

Name:  radiogarden.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  48.9 KBName:  radio_garden.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  34.2 KB
    Thank you for this. I've spent the last two days at the gym and office listening to various stations. As someone who isn't a fan of Spotify, etc it's a good alternative.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Apropos of nothing, when I travel, I take a small radio with me. When stuck in an airport, I look up local stations and then tune in (with an earpiece). It helps pass the time.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Thanks for sharing. This kind of thing is what I love about living in the 21st century.

Along the same lines, I listen to radio stations from my home area on my fire tablet when away, and keep several in my bookmarks in the tablet and laptop. You can listen to almost any radio station online now, and some have several channels up with varying content. When all else fails, theres always BBC World Service Radio to listen to.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Along the same lines, I listen to radio stations from my home area on my fire tablet when away, and keep several in my bookmarks in the tablet and laptop. You can listen to almost any radio station online now, and some have several channels up with varying content. When all else fails, theres always BBC World Service Radio to listen to.
    I have been doing that for years on a laptop while working in the garage. Also do it on the bicycle or in the car on the cell phone. These also are used to play podcasts. But I like this new source too just because there are bound to be interesting stations I have never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I have been doing that for years on a laptop while working in the garage. Also do it on the bicycle or in the car on the cell phone. These also are used to play podcasts. But I like this new source too just because there are bound to be interesting stations I have never heard of.

I had seen the Radio Garden mentioned on another forum and looked at it. One of the stations I sought showed, but only one feed and didnt mention any others, which baffled me. I later found how to find the other feeds, including the one I listen to, but it wasnt immediately apparent. It may be improved recently, I havent looked in some time.

Edit: Just looked, it still doesnt give any info about the other feeds. It shows it as a jazz station, which isnt what I listen to from it. I had to visit the website to find the other feeds. Something to keep in mind when searching for stations to listen to. Many of the ones I regularly listen to have multiple feeds with different programming.
    Last edited by Malamute; 03-22-2023 at 09:02 AM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

User Tag List