Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good AIWB holster for LCR?

Good AIWB holster for LCR?

Hey guys,

Wasn't sure whether to post my question in here or in the holsters and accessories subforum, but since I thought maybe more revolver savvy guys would see it here I decided to throw it in here.

So, I've been experimenting with AIWB for the last few months to a year and have decided to add some purpose specific holsters for some of my carry guns. Already have a couple on order for autos and will probably be adding one or two more in time. But, I find myself defaulting back to my revolvers a lot due to how easy they are to conceal on my smaller frame. Yeah, I'm in the Skinny Bastard Club (5'7"ish and 145ish and wear 30/30 pants). After years of carrying different types of firearms I just keep coming back to my revolvers for a lot of my uses due to the fact that I find the grip shape very easy to hide.

I've been experimenting with a modified Galco Stow n Go with neoprene wedges for better grip tuck and have decided that it works very well for me, so I'd like to now step up to something with more quality. I'm leaning toward kydex although if someone has something in leather to recommend I'm open to suggestions.

I have a few J frames but my newest carry revolver is the .38 LCR with XS dot front sight and CT laser grip. Can anyone recommend a good Kydex holster for this gun and application? For this application I'd prefer to stick with the quick on/off of something with a clip.

And I'd love to see pics of your AIWB holsters, and hear your thoughts, even if they're for a J frame instead of the LCR.

Thanks for any advice and/or input.

Supporting Businesses Armiger Solutions and Custom Carry Concepts have LCRs listed. IWB V1 w/ grip tuck option for the former, Gestalt w/ extended tab adapter plate for the latter are the two that I'm looking at for my own revolver fwiw.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

I have a Desbiens that works well. Gave the gun to the house supervisor and she doesn't carry, so I could probably part with it. Let me see if I can find a picture.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Most revolvers(the LCR specifically) don't need a lot of "help" for appendix carry. Any secure, stable straight drop holster will work for the vast majority of small framed revolvers. I personally recommend my Quick Cover with the Straight Drop/Appendix Carry clip or loop for the LCR, The Gestalt would work well too while adding adjustability to the equation. Either are tuckable, if that's a factor for you.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    Most revolvers(the LCR specifically) don't need a lot of "help" for appendix carry. Any secure, stable straight drop holster will work for the vast majority of small framed revolvers. I personally recommend my Quick Cover with the Straight Drop/Appendix Carry clip or loop for the LCR, The Gestalt would work well too while adding adjustability to the equation. Either are tuckable, if that's a factor for you.
    For what it's worth, I use a CCC Uno for my 2" Model 64 and it is one of my favorite combos. It has been used a lot as a grab and go in appendix, and also in combination with a Fanny Packed service side auto.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Dunno if Tom lists the LCR but look at Dark Star Gear. His casual carry with steel clip is the bees knees.

My review of it:
    http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=14998
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Bobby Mac's has some very nice AIWB holsters for Smiths, Colts and the Ruger. http://www.bobmacs.com
    Last edited by LtDave; 08-05-2016 at 01:16 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Anyone have any recommendations for a leather AIWB holster that has complete trigger guard coverage, preferably with a clip?

Deep ride is a plus.

The closest thing I found to my requirements was an offering from Bell Charter Oak, pictured below, but I never got around to placing an order and now they've closed shop.

Name:  bco-hidden-asset1.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  7.6 KB

I still haven't found the AIWB LCR rig that makes me tuly happy. That Bell Charter Oak looks like it would be in the way of my middle finger on the drawstroke.

I wish the Alessi Talon was still available. I had Lou make me a couple over the years set at a neutral angle with a lower ride and they were wonderful. Don't own any of the guns that went with them anymore and I think I've given away those holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations for a leather AIWB holster that has complete trigger guard coverage, preferably with a clip?

Deep ride is a plus.

The closest thing I found to my requirements was an offering from Bell Charter Oak, pictured below, but I never got around to placing an order and now they've closed shop.

Name:  bco-hidden-asset1.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  7.6 KB
    Offset Belt Clip (lobogunleather.com)

Im still waiting on mine to ship for a SP101, its only been on order for a couple of weeks.

User Tag List