Thread: Rockler T-Track Sale

Site Supporter

Rockler T-Track Sale

I've been thinking about installing T-Track in my reloading bench for some time, and just bought some because Rockler is having a sale of up to 50% off on T-track: https://www.rockler.com/workshop-acc...ockler-t-track

For anyone who has installed it, any tips to routing the dado for the t-track?

Don’t try to take too much out all at once. I usually clamp two boards for my router to run in and just take it easy.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bobaloo22 View Post
    Don’t try to take too much out all at once. I usually clamp two boards for my router to run in and just take it easy.
    Bob
    Rule of thumb for me is no more than 1/2 cutting bit diameter for each pass.

so a 1/4" bit I'll cut 1/8" depth per pass at most. What I really like to do is ~45% pass, ~45% pass, ~10% pass.

When you start getting up to bit sizes greater than 3/4" cutting diameter that rule of thumb may not hold and you may need to go to 4 passes. But T-track is ~3/8" deep so I'd probably do >1/8" pass, >1/8" pass, and then cut to final depth.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Thanks. I cut it in two passes. They certainly aren't perfect, but for the limited number of times that I've used a router, I did alright. The t-track works great for securing things that I don't want to put on inline fab mounts or permanently mount.

Site Supporter
    @joshs

Have you been to the store in Fair Lakes? I'm not even a woodworker yet had a hard time walking out without buying something. There's some neat stuff there.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    @joshs

Have you been to the store in Fair Lakes? I'm not even a woodworker yet had a hard time walking out without buying something. There's some neat stuff there.

Chris
    Yep, that's where I got the t-track.

I’m curious to know how you’re planning to use it.

It might be fine for mounting things like powder measures or case trimmers that don’t exert a lot of strain, but the force of a press is going to pull it loose in pretty short order

Site Supporter
    I have two Inline Fab mounts directly mounted to the bench for presses and vices. The t-track is for stuff that I just want to temporarily put on the bench or to help hold something for things that require three hands.

It does seem like some people have good luck with using it for mounting presses:

User Tag List