Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Actor Lance Reddick Has Died

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Actor Lance Reddick Has Died

"The Wire", "Bosch", and "John Wick" are popular around here. From NBC News:

"The Wire" star Lance Reddick, 60, died Friday, his publicist said.

Mia Hansen, the actor's publicist, said Reddick "passed away suddenly" and that it was from "natural causes." She did not provide further details.

"Lance will be greatly missed. Please respect his family’s privacy at this time," Hansen said in a statement.

The Baltimore native was best known for his portrayal of a hometown police lieutenant, Cedric Daniels, in the acclaimed HBO drama "The Wire," which ran from 2002 to 2008. He was also featured in the "John Wick" movie franchise.

His career started with small roles, including parts in the Denzel Washington movie "The Siege" in 1998, and on television's "West Wing" in the late '90s and into the early '00s.

About the same time, HBO's "Oz" showcased Reddick's acting chops as he portrayed a Jamaican drug dealer who turned out to be an undercover police detective who had infiltrated the criminal underworld.

Reddick also had a recurring role on television's "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit."
    Name:  reddick.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  34.6 KB
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

He was a great actor and a classically trained and very skilled pianist. Very sorry to hear of his passing.

R.I.P.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

He was also a mainstay in "Oz" on HBO.

He'll be missed. R.I.P.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Chief Irving, too, on the Bosch series.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Dang. I'm a big fan of his work.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I'm hearing that players of the video game Destiny 2 are saluting Commander Zavala, the character in the game who Lance voiced.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Well, crap.

Site Supporter
    Damn, loved him in Bosch and John Wick

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Damnit...that's way too young. I always enjoyed his acting.

Site Supporter
    IYKYK

Name:  6B534687-FF42-4DE2-BC1A-E56F00B9A39F.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  30.2 KB

User Tag List