Thread: Falling in love again Beretta 92 LTT LOK

Falling in love again Beretta 92 LTT LOK

The Beretta 92 LTT Elite is a pistol that I have always wanted to love but never liked to shoot. The issues I encountered were grip related. Despite trying several aftermarket G10 grips (VZ palm swell, LOK thin), I never found one that allowed me to firmly grip the pistol. For reference, I wear a size small glove. Consequently, my two Berettas (Elite, Centurion, both Langdon Tactical) sat in the safe for several years. Then came the new LOK Beretta 92 palm swell Veloce grip (LOK Grips | Beretta 92 Thin Veloce G10 Grips). These grips are a game changer. The posteriorly placed palm swell of these grips fill completely the hollow of my palms and permit the heel of my support hand to lock into the backstrap. Other than doing my own silicone carbide mods, I have never felt a better ergonomic grip shape and texture. Try it. You’ll love it. I have no relationship with LOK grips and purchased these personally.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Talked a friend of mine into trying these grips and he loves them . Looking forward to shooting them soon .

I like the 92 grip because I have a big hand. Have you tried the Vertec grip?

Beretta has manufactured not just the full size grip, but one ground thinner and angled more like the 1911, and called it the Vertec grip. With my big hands, I hate it, but they also now manufacture super fat grips which essentially return the profile to the usual 92 size.

I've been looking at some palm swell grips for my M9s. How do the LOK palm swells compare to the VZs in your experience? My hands are pretty average sized.

Vending Machine Operator
    I think my favorite grips I have on a 92 are the Alumagrips Beretta trident ones I have for my 2013 92FS. So grippy and well finished. Been happy with them for years.

Conversely, I do not care at all for the half-checkered Beretta-made walnut grips on my 92A1. I haven't taken them off because it looks gorgeous that way and they weren't cheap, but eventually I will because it's like a totally different gun, chubby and a bit uncomfortable.

The 92 is one of the platforms most changed by grips, I think. The right grips for YOUR hand on a 92 make a huge difference.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I have been working on thinner grips also on my 92X Defensive. Mostly because of the lower, longer beavertail. What is Beretta thinking? But anyway it affects my mag drops. I have to twist the gun just a little to get enough strength into my thumb. That beavertail runs into my index finger knuckle making enough twist harder to get. Messing w/ many grips for that and also doing a mod to emulate the old frame backstrap shape, I once tried it w/ no grips at all. Well heck, no problem w/ the mag drop. I got the LOK conversion grips in the 'golf ball' shape because the version w/ the traditional backstrap shape is not listed as being thin. I really like the 'thin' but not the rest of them. So I have been sanding down my Stoner CNC G10 grips. Have to be real careful because apparently G10 is real bad for lungs. But anyway, I am surprised that I like thin grips. Been shooting 92s forever and always had normal to a little thicker grips. Now the other 92s are changing too.

User Tag List