Thread: Beretta/Colt stocking dealers in Austin, TX area

Beretta/Colt stocking dealers in Austin, TX area

I've relocated to the north Austin area a year or so ago, and now finally have some time (and funds) to dedicate to hobbies.

I'm in the market for a 'few' Beretta 92s and a Colt AR-15, but my local ffl doesn't really stock these brands. I know I could always order from Palmetto/Omaha etc but given the QC issues we are seeing from many manufacturers recently, I like to throughly inspect (multiple samples, if possible) before buying.

GT Distributors in Pflugerville and McBrides downtown are two examples of stores with a good reputation that are well within driving distance for me.

Do any local forum members have any recomendations for dealers that usually have decent Beretta and Colt stock ? Anyone have recent experience with the inventory of GT Dist. and McBrides ? Any 'must visit' stores in general ? I heard good things about Adelbridge, and its on my list of things to do (bit of a drive).

Thanks!
    M

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    I've relocated to the north Austin area a year or so ago, and now finally have some time (and funds) to dedicate to hobbies.

I'm in the market for a 'few' Beretta 92s and a Colt AR-15, but my local ffl doesn't really stock these brands. I know I could always order from Palmetto/Omaha etc but given the QC issues we are seeing from many manufacturers recently, I like to throughly inspect (multiple samples, if possible) before buying.

GT Distributors in Pflugerville and McBrides downtown are two examples of stores with a good reputation that are well within driving distance for me.

Do any local forum members have any recomendations for dealers that usually have decent Beretta and Colt stock ? Anyone have recent experience with the inventory of GT Dist. and McBrides ? Any 'must visit' stores in general ? I heard good things about Adelbridge, and its on my list of things to do (bit of a drive).

Thanks!
    M
    GT’s is a police supply / uniform store that “also” sells guns. They primarily carry what cops carry on duty. They have some Colt AR’s but AFAIK don’t carry Beretta. GT has good prices but their customer service can be a bit like a Central Issue Facility.

I have not been to Mcbride‘s since prior to Covid. They had a good selection, but high prices. My other “go to” shop in the ATX area would be Sportsman’s Finest in Cedar Creek.

In San Antonio Adelbridge has the biggest selection of guns and normally has multiple Beretta 92 variants and Colt ARs.

Other worthwhile shops in SA:

Armed in America (in Bulverde just north of SA)
    Durys (2 locations - I prefer the Southside location)
    Mission Ridge indoor range

Site Supporter
    This is a few years ago, but I recall Academy having a decent price on Beretta 92s. Their website, Academy.com now lists a few models of 92s. McBrides will be expensive.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

HCM, Glenn,
    thank you both, great info !

Mike

Site Supporter
    I can also recommend the best places for artisanal cheese in Austin, that's a hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I can also recommend the best places for artisanal cheese in Austin, that's a hobby!
    Please do so, that is something the whole family would enjoy

Also, based on your advice to another member in a different thread, I have booked a few spring/summer classes with Karl Rehn and his guests. Really excited to meet Karl and attend some of his classes.

I slowly started to realize that we relocated to a very "convenient" area when it comes to this sort of things ... 20 minute drive to Dawson Precision, 30 minute drive to both CAPS and Austin Rifle Club, 1 hour or so to Karl Rehn's range, a bit of a longer drive to Bandera's gun club. What a great place to live in !

The staff at Sportsman's Finest in Bee Caves has always impressed me. The Range in south Austin also has a good selection and the staff is very helpful.

I have not bought a gun locally in years but if you shoot a lot, I can recommend the Austin Rifle Club. Depending on what side of N Austin you are on, it can be 20 min away. Hit me up if you want to try it out before joining.

https://austinrifleclub.org/

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Site Supporter
    Cheese - https://www.antonellischeese.com/ or the Central Market on Lamar. Whole Foods is mediocre, commercial, yuppish fancy cheese - nothing special.

I always recommend Book People on Lamar, across from the Whole Foods mother ship. Both are worth a visit. I always bought from Book People to support a local store when I was in town.

If you are family are into nerdy comics or sci-fi: https://www.austinbooks.com/ Great store.

Good to sign up with Karl - if you went to his site, you probably saw the area faq with ranges and matches. I used to do Texas Tactical - https://www.texastactical.net/ for their IDPA and carbine matches. Several p-f'ers shoot there. Bandera gun club and https://tdrtraining.com/ is a great resource. Good matches - Tim is a member here. They also run steel with Greg K. I forget how to spell his last name. He was a national revolver champ who could come in 2nd after Jerry. I once came in second after him with a SW Model 19 in an IDPA match. I also came in last in revolver. This is an SAT question - figure it out. LOL.

Of course, there is ton of other matches for other tastes.

User Tag List