Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Support index finger on trigger guard

The neat thing, is with a timer and a few target arrays it is quite easy to sort out whether any particular tweak is or is not working for you.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

We started shooting about 25 yrs ago. Web hadn't started much then so all I had was magazines to read. We happened to go from a Ruger full size something to Beretta 92. That squared trigger guard w/ checkering was there so I used it. Seemed pretty obvious to me that it helped control muzzle rise. I don't remember when but pretty much everything I came across regarding grip said front of the guard wasn't a good technique so I quit using it. I don't know though. There are a he11 of a lot of pistols made w/ a square guard. I believe Glock is probably the most popular pistol being made now and they all have a square guard. So there must be something to it. GJM, I really look forward to your testing.

Back in the late nineties or early oughts, I had my first experience with a full auto G17 (modified back plate) in South America. Index finger on the trigger guard made the gun mostly controllable.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    If you have the fingers and grip for it I can see it as an asset in recoil management. Me I cannot. A 6’4 friend with catcher mitt for hands who has a problem just getting meat away from the slide on an auto. Will only shoot square trigger guard’s For his own reasons.

I think I recently saw something by @Mas about this grip on a G26. I’ll admit I haven't shot this way in decades.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I think I recently saw something by @Mas about this grip on a G26. I’ll admit I haven't shot this way in decades.
    I think @Glock26 the guy who made GM with a Glock 26 shot that way with that gun.

I used to shoot that way, too, way back when, but quit after some pundit said it was bad. Probably about the time I started with the center axis relock...

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I used to shoot that way, too, way back when, but quit after some pundit said it was bad. Probably about the time I started with the center axis relock...
    I wonder if the RDS might not give center axis relock a new life.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I wonder if the RDS might not give center axis relock a new life.
    I thought John Wick had already done that?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I watched Lena Miculek's video, where she describes wrapping two fingers around the trigger guard. The benefit she describes is better recoil control. Here is her video:

I tried to find something from Eric Grauffel describing his method, but haven't so far.

I hit the range today and was very curious what I would learn. Was it trick if the day or something else. What I saw was faster splitting but especially fast and precise transitions. It seems like the high finger position with my support hand index finger gives me more leverage and better transition control/speed with the pistol. I am going to keep messing with it for a while.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List