Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Support index finger on trigger guard

I continue to shoot this way, and am liking it. One thing I can say for sure, is it has helped my support hand wrist to rehab!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Name:  142FA43D-D378-414A-8972-88DCA531C0DC.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  32.8 KB

I finally got to the range today to try this out. I was using the support hand index finger only, didn't try two fingers. Not surprisingly, my finger didn't stay on the trigger guard of my 365 during recoil. I must have been doing something wrong, though, because it wouldn't stay put on my MR918 or my USPC9, both of which look to be purpose built for hosting a finger. I didn't find any benefit to it with respect to not losing the dot during recoil and I had to reposition my finger after every shot. I didn't notice any of the shoulder related issues I felt during dry firing, even after pounding shoulders in the gym last nigh. Two fingers might work better or maybe I just need to bear down more with that finger, or maybe I just need to maintain my normal grip. Separate but unrelated, I didn't see any evidence of first round fliers with hand cycled rounds with any of those guns at 15 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I finally got to the range today to try this out. I was using the support hand index finger only, didn't try two fingers. Not surprisingly, my finger didn't stay on the trigger guard of my 365 during recoil. I must have been doing something wrong, though, because it wouldn't stay put on my MR918 or my USPC9, both of which look to be purpose built for hosting a finger. I didn't find any benefit to it with respect to not losing the dot during recoil and I had to reposition my finger after every shot. I didn't notice any of the shoulder related issues I felt during dry firing, even after pounding shoulders in the gym last nigh. Two fingers might work better or maybe I just need to bear down more with that finger, or maybe I just need to maintain my normal grip. Separate but unrelated, I didn't see any evidence of first round fliers with hand cycled rounds with any of those guns at 15 yards.
    Obviously, this technique isn't one that everyone will like. Something I noticed, especially on smaller than full frame pistols, is the finger on the trigger guard allows me to get all or most of my support hand onto smaller frame pistols, that otherwise would only allow a few fingers of support hand.

User Tag List