Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colorado News Site Calls For Publicly Confronting Gun Owners

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’m with you guys. I don’t see any of these opinion journalists calling for going out and shaming gang bangers in, say, Chicago or cartel members in, say, anywhere, over *that* gun violence.
    Bingo.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "Save a tree, shoot a journalist" oh the irony in that...hehehe...

The world is a crazy place. Close friends and family, some of whom shoot, know I have guns and like to shoot. Pretty much nobody beyond that, except the employees at the various gun stores around these parts. I certainly don’t look the part.

My son’s best buddy growing up and still (Yebrew #1) badly wants me to teach him, and I will when we get to summer. His wife (Yebrew #2) works at one of the major Jewish institutions around here. I was the lawyer who helped one of her colleagues (Yebrew #3) get his H-1Bs over the years and, recently, his green card. My wife was chatting with #2 and #3 at the JCC gym the other day and they said they want Kanye to take them to the range and teach them how to shoot. #3 said he was now comfortable asking given his new status as a permanent resident. Friends of ours (Yebrews #4 and #5), one vegan and one vegetarian, both of who could be mistaken for middle aged flower children, both of whose husbands are doctors, want me to teach them how to shoot. Yebrew #6, one of the chiefs at one of the two big health systems here — I’ve taken him to the range 3 or 4 times, and gave him the parts list for his first RDS-equipped handgun, which he bought about 18 months ago.

• #1 - yeah, I would see him being into it.
    • #2 to #5 - never in a million years.
    • #6 - less of a surprise than #2 to #5, but still a bit of a pleasant surprise.

A few years and we’ll be damned close to a kosher militia around here. Guns ‘n Moses? We’ll shame the m*therf*ckers who don’t have guns.

Site Supporter
    Maybe I am especially lucky living in southwest PA, but those trying to ostracize people who own guns would find themselves with tiny social circles. From what an have seen of the people who would actually consider this nonsense, friendship with them would never work out anyway for a number of other reasons.

I don’t advertise the fact that I own and carry guns, and am careful about how and when it gets disclosed, but do not regard it as top secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Agreed. When I lived in Burlingame California (AKA "Karenville" as one of our esteemed has called it), I was very VERY careful to let it be known that I had guns much less was a shooter. My home's proximity to the local school only made me more paranoid. There are some locations where being a gun owner is worse than being a child molester (the line of parents lined up outside the library to take their kids to Drag Queen Story Time attest to this fact).

Damn! But how would they know? I'm friendly with my neighbors as far as "did you see that game last night" goes but I'm telling them about my firearms right after I tell them about my salary.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

This is relevant. This is a tactic the left frequently uses, be it at protests or wherever. Push and taunt you as far as they can until you react.

Then they cry foul. All the while, the media machine standing by waiting for a reaction to mass market as "evidence".

Stop being "nice" and use every legal tool against them. Press charges, file civil suits, etc. There should be uncomfortable legal consequences for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Damn! But how would they know? I'm friendly with my neighbors as far as "did you see that game last night" goes but I'm telling them about my firearms right after I tell them about my salary.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    They would if the paper publishes a list of gunowner names and addresses, and Karen gets a hold of it, and starts raising static about how you're one of those evil, awful gun owners on the local social media group...

This would also have a chilling effect on a potential new gun owner.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    A Colorado news site is now advocating publicly confronting and shaming gun owners.

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/03/col...MAIL_CAMPAIGN)

We all need to be aware that these tactics are being promoted by the left so that we can consider in advance how to deal with them. While the linked article did not say this, we might speculate that some on the other side would not be unhappy if a gun owner over-reacts or does something that can be perceived as an over-reaction.

As we decide our own tactics, we need to remember that we are sometimes up against people with no ethics, morals, or scruples.
    So when this escalates to being physical and a CCW holder ventilates the aggressor, then what? Antifa protests. Shitty times in shitty states.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    They would if the paper publishes a list of gunowner names and addresses, and Karen gets a hold of it, and starts raising static about how you're one of those evil, awful gun owners on the local social media group....
    Which the CA DOJ did by "mistake."

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Oh look, free MUC.
    Sorry, but what's MUC?

User Tag List