Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Beretta bringing back the Cheetah series?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodmaker View Post
    A few years ago, a bunch of Beretta 81' surplus Italian prison gaurd guns were being sold by several importers for roughly 200 bucks each. I bought three of them. Wish I had bought a few more . The last one was a BB model. My wife called dibs on two of them, one is hidden in her car and the other hidden in her closet. The BB is in my get home bag with a few spare mags and extra ammo. Aside from the get home bag use, I carry it one day a week on Thirty-twosday. I also find it usefull to teach new shooters due it being accurate and very soft shooting. My grandson put a dent in my .32 ammo can just a few hours ago.

Someone asked about rim lock. I haven't had any issue with it yet but I'm still not convinced that is NOT a real likelyhood. I have run a couple hundred cast flatnose bullets thru mine so far but i am super careful loading the mags as I think that is the most likely cause of rim lock. This is the same bullet that Buffalo Bore uses in thier .32acp load. 75 grain. The loaded rounds are noticably shorter than ball.
    I bought a few of those, a great deal on great guns.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

I have a Walther PP in .32acp, or as per the slide markings, 7.65mm. It feels good in the hand, very light recoil and a good SA trigger, horrible DA. I've got an 85BB with the thin grips and it's a great gun. I'd love to have an 81.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What are your thoughts on “rim lock” in a .32 double stack gun?

I’m not too concerned by in my P32.

The P32 is fun to shoot, my LCP, not really.
    I think it’s more of a theoretical worry than a real problem. I’ve never had it occur with FMJ in my Beretta or Skorpion.

And I’d climb over a pile of LCPs and P3ATs for a P32.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I was skeptical, too. I'd never heard of a BDA380 in anything but... .380. But apparently, they exist--and you can buy one tomorrow.

If you squint, you can sorta see the caliber marking on the barrel hood:

Attachment 102668

Interestingly, they're still called "BDA380s" even though they're in .32. He talks about it at around 6:45 in the video.
    Dammit.... Part of me is glad I didn't notice that until now, because I'd have bought a couple.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

User Tag List