Thread: Brownells G19.3 slide with awful ejection - need advice

Site Supporter

Brownells G19.3 slide with awful ejection - need advice

I bought a Brownells Glock 19 (Gen3) slide to pair with a stripped frame I bought for cheap several years ago. Initially I tried a new Glock extractor with a White Sound Defense HRED. Ejection was awful with lots of brass to the face. I swapped in an APEX extractor and still got terrible ejection. Then I pulled the White Sound HRED and went with the factory parts (non-LCI, to match the APEX), and still had awful ejection. I read through LL's how to fix Gen4 ejection problems thread, so I think the next thing I should try is ditching the 336 ejector and swapping in a 30274 ejector. (I have one of these on hand that I retired from my practice 19.5 gun, but I don't have the newer Gen5 47021 ejector on hand.) If the 30274 ejector doesn't work, I can try mixing in parts from my 26.3, which has always had decent ejection. I purchased the barrel in this 19.3 pistol from OneSourceTactical/Suarez Int'l about a decade ago. I have no idea who actually manufactured it, and I haven't used it enough to for it to have a track record in other pistols. Am I overlooking anything obvious that I should have tried? This gun has 250 rounds through it now with dozens of brass to the face and one malfunction. I want to get the gun to function properly, but this project is rapidly reaching the point of not being fun anymore.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I’d go with a lighter recoil spring and see if that does anything.

You can try a different barrel, but that’s an expensive way to test unless you happen to have an extra or can borrow one.

I imagine you already knew this - but the standard OEM extractor depressor assemble installs with the spring guide first - towards the extractor, and the bearing last - under the slide cover plate; the White Sands unit installs in the opposite direction.

It's easy to forget that kind of stuff when you are switching around.

I'd try all OEM parts with the proper bushing, then if that doesn't work try the other bushing - assuming you have both.

If I was taking another pistol apart, I'd make sure I noted which extractor and ejector went with which pistol.

The Gen5 9mm ejector is 47021. According to internet lore it is a solid replacement for the 336 and 30274. I have a 19X that eats and ejects everything, so I suppose I can attest to that, although I am also running 336's and an 1882 (.40/.357Sig) in my 9mm Glocks w/o problems.

Problem is you're going to have to buy the housing to get the ejector:

https://www.bigtexordnance.com/produ...using-sp47208/
    Last edited by DDTSGM; 03-26-2023 at 10:00 PM.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    I’d go with a lighter recoil spring and see if that does anything.

You can try a different barrel, but that’s an expensive way to test unless you happen to have an extra or can borrow one.
    I will put the lighter recoil spring on the list to try. I'd need to buy a non-captured rod+spring, but that's tolerable, especially since I need a couple of other items. Regarding barrels, do you remember if Gen5 G19 barrels work in Gen3 pistols? My memory is that 19.5 barrels are backwards compatible but 17.5 barrels are not, but the only way I'd know that is from reading PF. I could be mistaken.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I imagine you already knew this - but the standard OEM extractor depressor assemble installs with the spring guide first - towards the extractor, and the bearing last - under the slide cover plate; the White Sands unit installs in the opposite direction.

It's easy to forget that kind of stuff when you are switching around.

I'd try all OEM parts with the proper bushing, then if that doesn't work try the other bushing - assuming you have both.

If I was taking another pistol apart, I'd make sure I noted which extractor and ejector went with which pistol.
    Yes. Bearing touching slide cover for factory and backwards for White Sands. I tried it the correct way first and the incorrect way second. I couldn't tell much difference in ejection. I'll swap in parts from my G26 to get 100% factory configuration. The G19 frame is 100% factory as is, so I just need to swap out slide parts. I'll definitely take care not to confuse "good" parts with "bad" parts!

EDIT: I am a bit of a parts hoarder, so when I replaced the ejector housing unit in my old 19.5 with parts from my parts cache (with ejector 30274) I went ahead and ordered one or two more ejector housing units. I don't know which ejector I'll get yet, but hopefully 47021 since that's what all my newer pistols have. I haven't studied the pieces enough to know how they differ aside from the number. Also, thanks for the link about barrel interchangeability. That's enough to make me comfortable trying it for a mag or two.

2nd EDIT: Also, Glock 19 Gen3/4/5 all appear to use the same locking block: https://www.bigtexordnance.com/produ...-gen4-sp02471/
    Last edited by pangloss; 03-26-2023 at 10:26 PM.

User Tag List