Thread: Tipton Nope Rope (continuous Bore Snake)

Tipton Nope Rope (continuous Bore Snake)

Since I am easily amused and manage money poorly, I blew $9.99 for one of these this week:

https://www.tiptonclean.com/cleaning...1149250_M.html

It is advertised as "continuous feed through for easy cleaning". The rope features a threaded brass coupler on each end, which you attach together after the first pass. After that, you just keep pulling.

Well I thought this was pretty nifty, so as a test, I got out my P365XL barrel and had a go. First up was my current Hoppe's 9mm bore snake. I set up as I normally do, and timed how long it took for me to make 5 passes.

Result? 49 seconds.

Then I got out the Nope Rope, and hit the timer. The first pass I had to screw the coupler together, then run through the 5 passes, which went easily enough. Then I had to stop and unscrew the coupler, and hit the STOP time.

Result? 59 seconds.

Right, which surprised me too. It just takes some time to attach the ends, and thread them together, then take them apart. I suppose if you were doing more passes, it would make sense. Or maybe if you have a horizontal rifle barrel, which is awkward to put the end through. But for me, for pistols, I just drop the brass end and grab the snake and pull. It doesn't take much for me to hang the brass end of the Hoppe's snake each time, then pull it through.

In operation, it pulls EXACTLY like the Hoppe's snake; it has brass bristles, and is almost the same size (2 feet for the rope part; the pulling cord is quite a bit longer, which seems odd for a pistol caliber to me.)

Bottom line? I think it was a waste of ten bucks. But it's a cool product, if you don't already have a bore snake. I guess it's a "nope" from me.

Name:  IMG_2151.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  99.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the coffee time reading pleasure! Despite its shortfall in time needed to clean, I may buy one just for the name.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

They missed a big opportunity, not calling it "The Ouroboros".

Relevant SOTAR video on boresnakes. https://youtu.be/9Cqp3Ll5WkQ
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

User Tag List