Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attn: Mas Ayoob

Attn: Mas Ayoob

Mas - do you remember where you were 30 years ago today (3-13-93)?

Ummm--nope.

Teaching a LFI class down in Ruskin during the NO Name Storm. I was in the class shooting a S&W 657.

OMG, I'll never forget it. They were calling it "The Storm of the Century," though that term gets kicked around a lot.

It Put the "Stress" in "StressFire."

Horizontal rain. Plastic sheets over the cardboard targets, duct-taped to steel frames held down by boulders.

You folks stood up great through that.

Didn't remember the date, though. Thanks for the reminder!

It was a class to remember. I'll remind you again in five years, God willing.

Too fun! Still got the 657?

That’s pretty epic!

The only LFI memory hole that I have is that I was at the one in Couer d’Alene where a bum tried to pick a fight with Greg Hamilton in a Spokane phone booth. Bad idea, all things considered.

I was the one shooting an S&W NY-1 model 64.

Bunch of old wheelgun farts around here. Or then. Or whatever.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    That’s pretty epic!

The only LFI memory hole that I have is that I was at the one in Couer d’Alene where a bum tried to pick a fight with Greg Hamilton in a Spokane phone booth. Bad idea, all things considered.

I was the one shooting an S&W NY-1 model 64.

Bunch of old wheelgun farts around here. Or then. Or whatever.
    Greg is a buddy of mine. I wish I'd seen that.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

[QUOTE=Gun Mutt;1461596]Too fun! Still got the 657?[/QUOTE

NO! And I don't want to talk about it.

It was an 8" 657 that that I bought new and used in IHMSA matches for a year. Then I took it the MNP and had Ken convert it to a 3" round butt. It was really nice. But, we all do stupid things now and then. I still have the end of the barrel that Ken cut off.

Site Supporter
    I took LFI-1, Stressfire - with my dominant hand wrist broken and it was in a brace/cast. Primarily one handed shooting but I could manage a reload with the fingers sticking out the brace. My ribs were healing from being broken. I did OK on the shooting, my target was decent. It has vanished in years of moves though.

I also took a KRtraining Advanced Tactical course with the breaks and my ankle in a support as it was sprained. Paul Gomez was a student in the class and used to call me a tough guy for showing up like that. Haha - FOG time now.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List