Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another M&P40 1.0 Issue -

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Regarding the candy cane loop. I've long since forgot the measurement spec but you can set it with a feeler gage. It makes it easy to know what you are doing, the effect it has, and guesstimating an amount to acquire a desired change.
    In that Apex video series, there's a video on adjusting the loop. I thought about doing it but put it off pending further input. It's a fairly easy adjustment...well, at least in the video it is. And as a revolver shooter, of course I have a set of feeler gauges!
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    In that Apex video series, there's a video on adjusting the loop. I thought about doing it but put it off pending further input. It's a fairly easy adjustment...well, at least in the video it is. And as a revolver shooter, of course I have a set of feeler gauges!
    That's the thing about those Apex videos.

I just had to send them a M&P 2.0 trigger bar that was jammed up in their trigger shoe because the installation was mind bogglingly difficult, even doing it they way they show. When contacting them I informed them right off the bat that I was not happy and that the video was not in any way representative of the difficulty level at all, and there was absolutely no reason in the universe to fit the pin as tight as they did for that application. They admitted their pins were tight. He also admitted that they had quit presetting the pins to just barely grab the bar like in the video due to "varying tolerances on the trigger bars". That's bullshit, when I got the pin to move at all in the vise (as shown) I thought something had broken for sure. There was no "tapping" it in and it jumped too far all at once and jammed up the bar in the shoe with a quite loud pop. That tight interference fit is why they stopped presetting this pins.

I requested that they send me a replacement shoe with a new trigger bar already installed, because I was about to dremel into their trigger shoe to retrieve my trigger bar and that it would probably be found to be damaged when I got it out. If it wasn't damaged I was planning on running the factory shoe with the rest of their kit until I received the ready to drop in trigger. They replied to just send it in and they would install it, and replace anything that needed to be. So I did that.

The tech received it and got right on it. In following up said he destroyed the trigger bar trying to punch it out. I had already told him it was impossible to remove it that way, that the shoe would have to be sacrificed in the hope of saving the bar. Oh well, in the end they made it all good and replaced both the trigger shoe and my brand spanking new trigger bar that came in my brand spanking new blaster. It's now a fantastic trigger with a perfect wall. It's all I expected it would be, but the installation video is clearly easier than real world.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    ^^^^That's the video I used to put it back together. I'll take the gun apart tomorrow and try again...gotta figure out just how to hold my mouth right.
    Just wondering if you got that M&P 40 sorted out yet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Just wondering if you got that M&P 40 sorted out yet.
    I got it back together but the sear doesn’t release until the very end of travel when the trigger hits the overtravel stop. I apparently need to play with the loop on the trigger bar.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Hope you get it running right soon!

User Tag List