Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RFI: Issues with Blue Bullets 200 SWC

I once had a bit of a chat exchange with Hilton Yam and asked him what ammunition he prefers in a 1911 and his reply was to the effect of the 1911 being designed around round nose ammunition, and that his advice is to use bullet designs that most closely follow that original pattern. Happily, I still have several boxes of the old Winchester white box 230 gr JHP that does closely follow the ball bullet profile. They do go through everything like crap through a goose.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

I should not the BB SWC does not have a lube groove like the H&G (Brazos) bullet.

Made it to the range tonight with 150 rounds loaded at 1.235” and it was pretty smooth going, I still had stoppages with 10rd mags but I had a feeling that would be the case. Recoil is definitely a bit sharper with the bullets seated that deep, I will load my remaining 750 at 1.235”, expect a sprinkling of stoppages, and then go back to the H&G 68. I appreciate all the help.

Picture just because.
    Name:  DFA24E7E-CA31-4F6B-AAE2-69113CE88FCF.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  100.5 KB

So another follow-up; I purchased about 1500 of the HG68 profile bullets from Brazos and shot 255 today. Not a single hiccup or stoppage, including 10 round mags. I’ve learned my lesson in “Don’t fuck with it”, 101.

User Tag List