Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign LE duty guns

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post

Afghanistan- 9mm S&W SIGMA carried by Afghan cops.
    If I had to guess, these State Dept contracts kept the SD9VE alive. Which I appreciate. I was messing around with one of my Apex’d SD9 last night. Seriously considering having one of them cut for a red dot (I’ve got more red dots than guns to mount them on right now).
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    If I had to guess, these State Dept contracts kept the SD9VE alive. Which I appreciate. I was messing around with one of my Apex’d SD9 last night. Seriously considering having one of them cut for a red dot (I’ve got more red dots than guns to mount them on right now).
    Don't forget the 5,000 Ruger P95s bought by the US Army to supply Iraq.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    16yoa conscripts with Full Autos also gave a little pause.
    I had the same pause pulling up to Lagos international and seeing a row of "Rat Patrol" jeeps complete with machine guns, each "manned" by young males that really didn't look shaving age.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Thanks, that one was unknown to me. Or I used to know about it and forgot.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    On that note, once upon a time an officer from the now defunct Fuerza Federales showed me his Galil ACE with Chinese characters.

Another unlicensed copy/substitute of interest: police officers with the Khyber Pakthunwkha Police are issued the 9mm Chinese Toks, which don't run well. Glocks are extremely expensive in Pakistan due to import bans, so scrappy officers may sometimes procure local Glock copies made in the factories in Peshawar....some of the officers from the KPK Anti-Terrorist Squad shared their with me. Another from the Violent Crime Cell let me check out his Russian MP-446 Grach, another popular pistol in country.

The ATS officers had been in the fight at the platoon-sized assault on US Consulate Peshawar and the 2014 Peshawar school massacre, of note among many fights. The Violent Crime Cell inspector had an L-shaped ambush on his vehicle by Haqqani which earned him three bullet holes. I had to cut off the rest of the story after he described getting them in custody and executing them on the street.
    From a historical perspective the Inspector’s method is the norm across human history. We’re the oddballs.

Lost of actual Galil ACEs and Tavors in Central America so copying them makes sense from the Chinese POV.

Across the border from me, CBSA carry Beretta PX4s in D variant. I believe they are 9mm.

They lock them up at the port when they leave… as they can’t carry them off “property.” I think they get some ability when coming over to our side (transport, for example). They also do a week or two training with them either yearly or every other year.

That being said, we actually have an agreement in place that at a few ports we staff, if we are transiting directly to/from the port, we can carry our duty guns in Canada. Has been pushed back by CBSA and RCMP over the years… but shouldn’t be going anywhere in the conceivable future.

I’ve talked to RCMP across the border when we were told to support BP for a few weeks when COVID was a thing. Didn’t see the gun because he was in an unmarked truck. Only reason it strikes a memory was because it was during the NS mass murderer, who was impersonating RCMP… and my supervisor considered running another officer with an M4 out to me, prior to the guy being killed. Still pissed about not at least getting a phone call.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Across the border from me, CBSA carry Beretta PX4s in D variant. I believe they are 9mm.

They lock them up at the port when they leave… as they can’t carry them off “property.” I think they get some ability when coming over to our side (transport, for example). They also do a week or two training with them either yearly or every other year.

That being said, we actually have an agreement in place that at a few ports we staff, if we are transiting directly to/from the port, we can carry our duty guns in Canada. Has been pushed back by CBSA and RCMP over the years… but shouldn’t be going anywhere in the conceivable future.

I’ve talked to RCMP across the border when we were told to support BP for a few weeks when COVID was a thing. Didn’t see the gun because he was in an unmarked truck. Only reason it strikes a memory was because it was during the NS mass murderer, who was impersonating RCMP… and my supervisor considered running another officer with an M4 out to me, prior to the guy being killed. Still pissed about not at least getting a phone call.
    CBSA’s PX4 and’s were in .40 unless they changed. They also had significant issues when first adopted.

RCMP issues the S&W 5946 9mm DAO though their SWAT equivalent had SIG P226s. The RCMP SWAT may have moved on to something else.

Munich in 2019, I wasn’t really looking but it seemed the “beat” cops had HK P7s and the folks at the event venues and train stations had P30s.

They were all wearing the same uniforms so I have no idea how they delineate issue/use.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

A friend in the Garda Siochana in Ireland has a choice of a Walter P99 or Sig p226 as a detective

A ton of HK stuff, mostly USP era, in Spain.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List