Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Foreign LE duty guns

Zambia and Zimbabwe: AK47. No sidearms.

When I was in Nice in the early eighties the French cops were walking in threes. One always had an MP5. I don’t remember the sidearms.

In the mid eighties on the way to Beijing we had a layover in Tokyo during one of the Red Army scares. On the way back to the airport we passed through a military checkpoint with two armored cars turrets trained on our bus. The soldiers who checked the bus were carrying sub guns that looked like a Skorpion IIRC.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

When I worked on the northern border, RCMP carried Sig P226. On the southern border I saw the GOM units go from HK G3 and the G36 knockoff to M4 pattern rifles. As far as handguns, you name it. NCO's and officers seemed to favor 9mm handguns, I saw lots of Beretta 92's and Browning Hi Powers.

First time in China in the mid 90s there was an airport swat team walking around the main terminal. One guy had a Street Sweeper shotgun, that image has been seared into my memory

Sig Pro 9mm in South and Central American countries, with some well done dimensionally correct rubber or polymer training guns and magazines. Long guns M16/M4 or Galil variants, depending on units within the organization. Lots of Moss 500 variants with security types.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    First time in China in the mid 90s there was an airport swat team walking around the main terminal. One guy had a Street Sweeper shotgun, that image has been seared into my memory
    Nothing like a surgical tool for a high density area.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hipowers in India, often carried crossdraw on the left hip. Always tempted to exclaim "Hey I have one of those!" but so far my better judgement has prevailed. As mentioned previously, plenty only carry long arms to include: MP5, AK, INSAS, FAL, Sterling. Many are unarmed as well. When driving near the PM's house I did notice the guards there had Tavors.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Sig Pro 9mm in South and Central American countries, with some well done dimensionally correct rubber or polymer training guns and magazines. Long guns M16/M4 or Galil variants, depending on units within the organization. Lots of Moss 500 variants with security types.
    The Colombian National Police carry the SP2022 but it’s far from the Universal side arm.

The Guatemalan national police are the only ones I’ve seen with P320s with the factory tabbed trigger but in most places I’ve seen you have 4 or five types of pistol just within one agency. The last El Salvadoran LE I had contact with had Beretta 92s, SIG 226, SIG SP2022, IWI Jehrico 941 and a few Glocks.

The Israeli’s sell lots of guns in Central America- Galileo, Galil ACEs, Tavors and UZI variants are common.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabble View Post
    Hipowers in India, often carried crossdraw on the left hip. Always tempted to exclaim "Hey I have one of those!" but so far my better judgement has prevailed. As mentioned previously, plenty only carry long arms to include: MP5, AK, INSAS, FAL, Sterling. Many are unarmed as well. When driving near the PM's house I did notice the guards there had Tavors.
    The only ones carrying pistols besides tactical teams are Inspectors or senior officers of the IPS. If you are a police officer, particularly a detective, they'd probably enjoy your engagement and grab a photo with you.

Or, if they're busy, you'll get beat with a lati...the standard force adjunct for Indian constables and used liberally to maintain good order and discipline.

All the dudes with a long guns other than the Ishapore 2A1 Lee Enfield are likely federal police (CRPF, CISF, BSF, etc) or a state police special assignment team since the 2A1 is still the standard long arm for police constables in almost every state and only drawn for special assignments, warrant service, and prisoner transport.
    Last edited by TGS; 03-13-2023 at 03:09 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Colombian National Police carry the SP2022 but it’s far from the Universal side arm.

The Guatemalan national police are the only ones I’ve seen with P320s with the factory tabbed trigger but in most places I’ve seen you have 4 or five types of pistol just within one agency. The last El Salvadoran LE I had contact with had Beretta 92s, SIG 226, SIG SP2022, IWI Jehrico 941 and a few Glocks.

The Israeli’s sell lots of guns in Central America- Galileo, Galil ACEs, Tavors and UZI variants are common.

What do you think that the Israeli guns are so popular in South America? Especially the ACE, it seems common.

User Tag List