Thread: M&P40 1.0 Ejection Issue

Site Supporter

M&P40 1.0 Ejection Issue

I've got a LE trade-in M&P40 1.0 that doesn't eject properly, at least not like the other three M&P 1.0s I have (another 40 and two 45s). The brass is occasionally dented and there is a brass stain on the ejection port apparently from the brass hitting it on the way out. This happens with both factory ammo and my factory-equivalent handloads. I could probably replace the extractor and spring but am reticent about anything else. Suggestions?
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

I'd probably troubleshoot it using the recoil spring assembly out of your known working M&P40 1.0. A lot of ejection problems I've experienced in the past were remedied by a new recoil spring assembly more than anything else. Does the ejector look normal compared to your other guns?

Most LE guns unfortunately aren't properly maintained with respect to preventative maintenance. A new recoil spring assembly and new mag springs would be on my "to do" list.

Site Supporter
    I replaced the RSAs on both of the 40s when I got the used one, as well as the magazine spring in the mag that came with the pistol, just for that reason. I replaced the springs in the other 12 M&P40 magazines I have a couple of years ago, and I haven't shot them that much so they should still be good. Thanks!
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

User Tag List