Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Fixed Blades: What and how do you carry?

I have multiple small fixed blades I cycle through, made by ESEE, Bark River and LT Wright.

I'm currently carrying a LT Wright Daily Carry. I carry it in my pocket. It's primary job is to open boxes and slice apples. Sometimes my small fixed blade knives are used on fish or game.

I don't train in any combatitives with a blade. I should, but as with so many things, time is essential.

I did pick up a Spyderco Street Beat with the idea of getting some training and then carrying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    It's primary job is to open boxes and slice apples.
    Right there with you. Fixed blade or folder, the ability to slice apples and cut paper is a necessary function of a good carry knife!

Soon this will be my new edc.

Name:  IMG_1508.jpg
Views: 1634
Size:  41.3 KB

Been carrying a Schultz fledgling in my pocket with the pretend notion I’d know what to do with it in a “situation” but it’s used for rough handling stuff at job sites when I sharpened spike makes sense (often). I pair that with a more slicey fixed or folder. Now it’s a David Mary Puuko Jitsu.

Dave is a great dude and his knives aren’t really expensive and are super slicey.
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    The only fixed blade I carry much anymore is one of the many ESEE Izulas that infest this place. I consider it a jack of all trades and master of none, but it is generally able to muddle through about any of the idiotic tasks I end up needing a knife for.

So far.

Best carry solution for me when I have a t-shirt or other shirt not tucked in is a horizontal kydex sheath that allows a normal grip when drawn with the right hand or a reverse grip with the left.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Name:  IMG_1628.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  51.3 KB

I am carrying a CP in a DSG sheath that I modified with velcro one-wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by MrInox View Post
    Soon this will be my new edc.

Name:  IMG_1508.jpg
Views: 1634
Size:  41.3 KB
    I'd be interested in your thoughts once you have some time carrying and using it.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Just like a folder. By far the absolute best method I have found.

Name:  IMG_0845-2.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  95.0 KB
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Just like a folder. By far the absolute best method I have found.

Name:  IMG_0845-2.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  95.0 KB
    Have you tried a Northman? I’m interested in how they compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Have you tried a Northman? I’m interested in how they compare.
    I like this much better! The draw is just so natural and sure. I dont like the the clip on the Northman being on the sheath and the handle is too small.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

User Tag List