Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Fixed Blades: What and how do you carry?

Bring Enough Blade

KA-BAR Modified Tanto

The sheath was modified, mostly by removing 1.5" of excess length from the bottom and removal of the top retainer strap. The whole rig rides quite comfortably in the pocket standing and sitting, remains concealed under a loose-fitting shirt and is held stable with the belt. Live Free or Die knife laws.

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    In "nice clothes" I use a "China Pick" in the standard sheath (that I ground down), with a DCC clip, IWB, behind my belt, then blouse my shirt over it. It's not perfect, but it works (most of the time).

In "jeans clothes," same CP, but in a DSG sheath, per Shivworks protocol.

ETA: I just realized that you can see my other sheath and belt in the background.
    That looks like it would hide well behind a necktie in a suit too.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    KA-BAR Modified Tanto

The sheath was modified, mostly by removing 1.5" of excess length from the bottom and removal of the top retainer strap. The whole rig rides quite comfortably in the pocket standing and sitting, remains concealed under a loose-fitting shirt and is held stable with the belt....
    You're making me miss my late coworker who carried (and somehow dodged jail for all the times he used) his Ka-Bar IWB behind the hip after modifying the sheath during his dope slinging days in the city after 'Nam. Plus whatever gun caught his fancy at the time, which was a .44 N-frame (used far less but got a one-shot-stop on a sidewalk payphone) through a good chunk of the eighties. I haven't visited his grave is a while and need to fix that the next time I'm in that part of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    In "nice clothes" I use a "China Pick" in the standard sheath (that I ground down), with a DCC clip, IWB, behind my belt, then blouse my shirt over it. It's not perfect, but it works (most of the time).

In "jeans clothes," same CP, but in a DSG sheath, per Shivworks protocol.

ETA: I just realized that you can see my other sheath and belt in the background.

What DCC clip do you use? I want to build another CP sheath that I can use when wearing sweat pants(or other non belt pants)that carries in the standard location. I use the JMCK sheath when I am using a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    What DCC clip do you use? I want to build another CP sheath that I can use when wearing sweat pants(or other non belt pants)that carries in the standard location. I use the JMCK sheath when I am using a belt.
    Pretty sure it's the Mod 3 Mini (though it's been awhile)

https://discreetcarryconcepts.com/Mo...Mini-p98691329
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Here is my Gen1 China Pick, which I took an angle grinder to the egg on. Wrapped it in BJJ finger tape for grip and use a Velcro One Wrap to hold it into my belt. This lays very flat on my belt.

Name:  IMG_1848.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  102.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Here is my Gen1 China Pick, which I took an angle grinder to the egg on. Wrapped it in BJJ finger tape for grip and use a Velcro One Wrap to hold it into my belt. This lays very flat on my belt.

I need to try the velcro wrap on my Cinch Pick Gen 1. The handle pokes out more than I like. I do wear the sheath under my belt but it still protrudes. I told Santa Claus I'd like a double edged Clinch Pick for Christmas, we'll see.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Name:  IMG_1848.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  102.3 KB
    That’s ghetto AF. I like it.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

How have I not responded to this thread yet?

Oyea, it’s illegal to CC a fixed blade in my state now. No pics for the peanut gallery.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    How have I not responded to this thread yet?

Oyea, it’s illegal to CC a fixed blade in my state now. No pics for the peanut gallery.

Good thing you have that stopping you. For me, this thread is getting me thinking I need to buy another Clinch Pick after selling mine a couple years ago. That or get into something else in the sub-$200 range that's more defense-oriented than the Izula.

User Tag List