Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Someone needs to start making this magazine pouch

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Every Kydex holster flexes every time the gun is drawn or inserted. The key is keeping the flexing within the elastic deformation range of the material. We have people here who have used the CCC magazine pouches for several years without a problem.
    Fatigue is a bitch in plastics though. Most of the failures we've seen in ours and others are all due to use, not abuse, and almost all within the elastic range. Occasionally someone who wears their belt too damned tight will have issues, but most of the time the failures are from normal, easy use.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I don't want my Kydex flexing, that leads to breaking.

BFG Ten Speed mag pouches are the best, in my view. I do often use Blade Tech singles though.
    BFG 10 speeds with a non Velcro loop would be great

I have more Kytex mag pouches than I can count. For single and double stack mags. I have about 5 or 6 for CZ75 18-round magazines, and they are among my oldest pouches and have been used hard, and a lot. One of them is just beginning to show a little fatigue (the "clip" part of the ouch has lost a bit of it's tension). But I have yet to ever have one come off, or even part way off in use, including rapid mag changes in shooting competition and training courses. So the pouch I mentioned looks like it is going to have to be replaced before very long. I have had it for about 7 years. It cost $18 when I purchased it. Money well spent, in my opinion. They are great products and I just recently ordered two single pouches for 1911 magazines which I will begin using this week.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    I have more Kytex mag pouches than I can count. For single and double stack mags. I have about 5 or 6 for CZ75 18-round magazines, and they are among my oldest pouches and have been used hard, and a lot. One of them is just beginning to show a little fatigue (the "clip" part of the ouch has lost a bit of it's tension). But I have yet to ever have one come off, or even part way off in use, including rapid mag changes in shooting competition and training courses. So the pouch I mentioned looks like it is going to have to be replaced before very long. I have had it for about 7 years. It cost $18 when I purchased it. Money well spent, in my opinion. They are great products and I just recently ordered two single pouches for 1911 magazines which I will begin using this week.
    I liked the ones I had, but I broke a Glock 19 mag pouch and a Surefire 6P light pouch (on separate occasions) by settling into a patio chair and having the bottom of the pouch catch on the armrest on the way down. The design of the BMC belt loop should minimize this.

It's a shame that CCC went out of business. I have a couple of his pouches and holsters. I wonder if anyone who knew him has (or would) contact him about licensing his designs. I would certainly buy a few of these pouches.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

We are coming out (back out actually) with a new version 2 mag pouch that has a fixed loop made from tegris material that is very minimal, has adjustable retention and will be adjustable for different belt thicknesses!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Kytex pouches are almost identical in form and function, with the exception of being a quick detach clip instead of a belt loop.
    +1 on Kytex

Name:  1C813D73-43DF-4F4C-95D8-76D18AFFC54D.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  21.0 KB

Name:  3BE11033-02AD-4FCB-8AB2-0F87913B6DC5.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  21.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    We are coming out (back out actually) with a new version 2 mag pouch that has a fixed loop made from tegris material that is very minimal, has adjustable retention and will be adjustable for different belt thicknesses!
    Excellent news! That looks like a well-designed pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    This is great news, Tony!! I love the reversed V2s that you made me. These look even better.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Excellent news! That looks like a well-designed pouch.
    I've been wearing one for the last 6 months or so and really like it. With the minimal and adjustable belt loop channel, it stays put on the belt and stays really tight to the body!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    This is great news, Tony!! I love the reversed V2s that you made me. These look even better.
    Yes, way better. The downside to the old version 2's and why I discontinued them was the belt loop channel would always crack, plus they were labor intensive to make. This pouch will be very bomb proof, simple and effective!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List