Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone needs to start making this magazine pouch

Site Supporter

Someone needs to start making this magazine pouch

In a recent pistol-training.com post, the author begins by stating how finding a good magazine pouch is not as easy as it should be.

https://pistol-training.com/magazine-pouches/

One of hte pouches mentioned is the CCC Basic Magazine Pouch. If I had known that CCC was going to go out of business, I would have bought twice as many of these as I did.

The pouch is made from a single piece of Kydex. An opening down one side of the pouch allows the pouch to flex, but the continuation of the front panel around the bottom of the pouch limits this flexing to maximize the tension with which the magazine is held. That single piece of Kydex was also shaped into a belt loop, which could accommodate a double thickness leather belt, and which could be ordered with 1 1/4, 1 1/2, or 1 3/4 inch width.

Rich of CCC began making this pouch at the request of Todd Green when the original maker stopped making it.

Some Kydex holster maker needs to start making this pouch. I have paid a lot of money for magazine pouches, but have not found a better one.

Same here , hands down the best mag carrier I have ever used!

I’m really satisfied with my JMCK Kydex single pouches, they are made of a single piece of bent Kydex too with an added belt attachment. I’m not familiar with the CCC ones, and that pic doesn’t tell much. Could they be similar?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I like the esstac kiwi pouches. Simple and secure but still fast.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Kytex pouches are almost identical in form and function, with the exception of being a quick detach clip instead of a belt loop.

Kiwis, since mentioned, are apples and oranges to the CCC BMC or similar pouches like the Kytex. I own them all. Kiwis are fucking huge in comparison. Sure, you could use them concealed, but they're really more of an overt option (I use them on my warrant vest), and really aren't an appropriate suggestion as a substitute when talking about super slim, minimalist options.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m really satisfied with my JMCK Kydex single pouches, they are made of a single piece of bent Kydex too with an added belt attachment. I’m not familiar with the CCC ones, and that pic doesn’t tell much. Could they be similar?
    They are quite different. I will try to take some photos later.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Kytex pouches are almost identical in form and function, with the exception of being a quick detach clip instead of a belt loop.

Kiwis, since mentioned, are apples and oranges to the CCC BMC or similar pouches like the Kytex. I own them all. Kiwis are fucking huge in comparison. Sure, you could use them concealed, but they're really more of an overt option (I use them on my warrant vest), and really aren't an appropriate suggestion as a substitute when talking about super slim, minimalist options.
    There are advantages to being an old dood. People expect us to have lumps.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Apologies I’ve never even seen the ccc mag pouches just throwing out an option that I thought were rather small.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Site Supporter
    Here are some photographs of a CCC Basic Magazine Pouch for a double stack 9mm Glock with a 1 1/4 inch belt loop.

The belt loop as opposed to a clip is critical in my opinion. Some pouches with clips have fallen off my belt at inopportune times. Others are difficult to remove. One clip for a different accessory proved to be damaging to clothing. In this case the belt loop is formed from the same piece of Kydex as the remainder of the pouch.

The front of the pouch continues around the bottom, and then attaches to the back, permitting some flexing of the front panel to allow insertion of a magazine, but also limiting that movement to provide a tighter fit and better retention. While I do like tension screws, this arrangement provides good retention with minimized belt real estate.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 03-07-2023 at 09:32 PM.

That’s ingenious.
    Ken

User Tag List