Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strange question…. 509t iron sights

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    I guess what I’m getting at is that the irons are distracting me when using the dot. Both heights. Only with this 509t for some reason. Never noticed it with other optics.
    I guess the distortion on the lower end of the optic is messing with my eyes. I shot a buddies RMR yesterday also, and have no issues. Maybe the 509t isn’t for me? Or maybe I got a bad one?

I guess the distortion on the lower end of the optic is messing with my eyes. I shot a buddies RMR yesterday also, and have no issues. Maybe the 509t isn’t for me? Or maybe I got a bad one?
    If there’s a big difference between those optics, you might have a bad unit. How low in the window is the distortion?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Are you certain you’re keep a target focus? All my red dot guns, the irons and dot don’t perfectly align to each other. They’re separate sighting systems, zero one, then separately zero the other. You’re looking at a front sight through a curved pane of glass, I’d expect there could be the appearance of something looking slightly different. RMR, 507Cs, and 509Ts all do this for me. But I target focus and never notice my irons anyways.

User Tag List