Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New PHLster Floodlight holster- Floodlight 2

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    Would need one for the TLR VIR-II. Can anybody confirm that it fits?
    Does the TLR VIR-II fit TLR1 holsters?

I have worn mine for about 15 hours now. Here are a few thoughts:
    -To be comfortable while sitting down, I had to move the clips to the lowest possible position.
    -I had to remove a bit of material on the outer guard where the first joint of my finger hit the holster so I could get a full grip.
    -I can't wear this against my skin since the holster needs to slide against my body when I sit down in order to not pinch.
    -This holster is much more comfortable for me than the Bawidamann Gotham V1 or V2 because it does a very good job of eliminating pressure points.

I had given up on routinely carrying with a full sized light until I tried this. I think it will become my holster of choice. The only improvement I'd like to see are Shivworks style closed loops on the clips.

I’m probably a little over 20 hours on mine at this point. I got mine with the Enigma express option and have been using it with the sport belt, no leg leash, and the smallest Mastermind pillow. Gun is a Glock 45 with Acro P2 and X300U.

This is by far the best light bearing setup I’ve ever tried. I’ve always been a fan of the Enigma, but had drifted back towards using belt mounted holsters - mostly from Tenicor, mostly out of convenience.

The concealment I get with Floodlight 2 + Enigma is better than anything I’ve been able to get with belt mounted holsters. I’d actually say I get better concealment with the G45 + X300 than I got with a G19 in a belt mounted holster. The sport belt allows enough flex to allow my body to move without the holster moving out of the the optimal position and even in weird positions keeps optimal pressure applied to keep the wing and wedge of the holster effective.

The comfort is also unbelievably good. I can’t say that it is as comfortable as a non light bearing holster, especially using a similar Enigma + sport belt setup. It is, however, very close and for the first time the decision comes down to making a minimal sacrifice in comfort in order to have the light or knowing I couldn’t make it more than an hour of sitting with the light in previous setups.

I think the ability to place the holster exactly where you want since it isn’t connected to your belt/pants is extremely beneficial with a gun and holster this large. I’m able to adjust it so that it’s as low as it can possibly go without jamming into my leg when I sit, which has been the problem I’ve had with other setups. The way the holster is domed at the bezel of the light also really helps.

This setup will probably become my default carry method. If I know I’m doing something more active and want a less bulky setup I’ll switch to a non light bearing Enigma setup with the G45 or G19. Either option is so concealable that I’m not sure I’ll have much use for my j frame anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Either option is so concealable that I’m not sure I’ll have much use for my j frame anymore.
    That's your front pocket BUG.

Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    Would need one for the TLR VIR-II. Can anybody confirm that it fits?
    My Gen1 Floodlight works perfect with my TLR-VIR II

I'd be willing to bet the gen2 will work great also.

I use a minimalist light-bearing holster now, but the Floodlight was teriffic for the years I used it, no complaints.

User Tag List