Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New PHLster Floodlight holster- Floodlight 2

New PHLster Floodlight holster- Floodlight 2

I'm a fan of their products, and find this interesting. I would like to see some real world reviews before jumping on this though.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/floodlight-2/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I'm a fan of their products, and find this interesting. I would like to see some real world reviews before jumping on this though.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/floodlight-2/
    The last iteration of the Gen 1 Floodlight was really great. I don't carry with WMLs anymore, but 2019-2021 I probably spent more time using a Floodlight than any other AIWB.

Same. The extra length really works well for me. As it stands, at the moment, they don't seem to have a PL350 option, so I won't be making any changes anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Same. The extra length really works well for me. As it stands, at the moment, they don't seem to have a PL350 option, so I won't be making any changes anytime soon.
    They are going to continue making the Gen 1 for the PL350.
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

My floodlight has worked well for me. Used it a ton around 2017-2019 with the TLR1 on a 92A1 and a P220. However my preference is for a full length sweat shield and the lower cut on the floodlight (presumably to allow for Ambi use) always bugged me. Now in a hot climate it’s not really an option for me. If he built a R hand vs L hand version w full sweat guard I’d be interested in it again.

Curious about the comfort channels molded into the holster body.

JM and Darkstar have made me stop looking for other holsters. For me, I don’t switch guns often. I have come to prefer a dedicated WML holster for my carry pistols. They are more precise in fit and more svelte. I gave my floodlight to a buddy as I vastly preferred my JM rig.

I tried hard to make my JM rig work but found it much too uncomfortable compared to my Floodlight. I’m sure body style and build has a huge impact on the relative performance of a given rig, so I am certainly not going to say the JM product isn’t good - it was just unworkable for me.

My Floodlight 2 will be here tomorrow.

I have an inexplicable desire to be able to carry comfortably with an X300U, but haven't been able to find a setup that works well enough to use every day. I honestly don't go out at night much so there isn't much need, so maybe this will at least be comfortable enough for short periods of time on those occasions.

I also really like the idea of having at least one holster I can swap around for left handed use just in case something happens to my right hand, and this will work great for that.

My Floodlight 2 and Enigma Express LB showed up a day early (gotta love BTO). I'm wearing it around the house right now and it definitely conceals better than other options I've tried, and is also way more comfortable so far. We'll see if that holds up over several hours.

I did put my smallest Mastermind pillow on the back, so I'm not sure how much that will negate the breathability of the wavy bits.

Would need one for the TLR VIR-II. Can anybody confirm that it fits?

User Tag List