Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retrieval orders?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    FDLE does the FL checks, and delays can take months. There is an appeal process for denials, and sometimes FDLE gets reversed. However, most people who get denied know it's coming, often for past domestic violence.
    I always got delayed for unknown reasons, and was never denied. I finally found out that I was kicked out for manual handling because I have a similar name to a multiple convicted felon (different race, different DOB) and they were usually so backed up it took time to get eyes on it. It didn’t help that IL doesn’t participate in UPIN.

NH was a breath of fresh air after that, and TX even better since I have a CHL. No waits at all.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Here in WA the wait is 10 working days. 12 days if you hit it just right or 14 if you don't. The FFL doesn't submit to NICS. They submit to the state. The state does the BC using their own data. They look at your health records, court records and I think they also use NICS.

When the state law was first enacted here the state didn't have the infrastructure in place to do a BC in 10 days. Some of us went much longer than that. My last transfer was 14 days at the FFL before I took the revolver home.

WA CPL never was a pass to avoid a NICS before the state law was changed. I never understood that one.

In a few more days we will probably have AR restrictions on purchase.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-08-2023 at 10:25 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

For the last number of years Ohio has been able to deliver to CHL holders without a NICS call. If you do something that disqualifies you from holding your CHL it is supposed to be surrendered, and I think it is actually supposed to be retrieved by the issuing SO if it isn't. But I am sure all that takes time, plenty of time to run out and buy that blaster you wanted.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    For the last number of years Ohio has been able to deliver to CHL holders without a NICS call. If you do something that disqualifies you from holding your CHL it is supposed to be surrendered, and I think it is actually supposed to be retrieved by the issuing SO if it isn't. But I am sure all that takes time, plenty of time to run out and buy that blaster you wanted.
    In TX FFLs can scan the back of an LTC to verify it’s validity before accepting it in lieu of a NICS check

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In TX FFLs can scan the back of an LTC to verify it’s validity before accepting it in lieu of a NICS check
    They very well may do that in Ohio also, I forget if they just peek at it or take it for a min while I am always focused on taking the quiz.

User Tag List