Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon: Side loading bolt action

Site Supporter
    $1600 ish was the guess. Maybe a touch less.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    If it's not a full auto Sten, then......what's the gain? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    All fair points but still not sure what it’s offering over a traditional bottom fed bolt gun. It’s probably fun to shoot and quirky enough to pick up a few buyers though. I wouldn’t turn down a chance to shoot one either
    Really I am probably not in the market for it myself, and what it offers over a bottom fed gun, I could not answer. I just like to see something new for the sake of innovation, otherwise we just end up with "Shot Show number eleventy 937 where they introduce yet another variation of a Glock, 35 different 1911s which after you peel off the window dressings, holes drilled in them and coatings, are actually all the same, and yet more AR15s, that follow the same pattern of window dressing that 1911 manufacturers use. Dressing up the same old thing. Literally nothing new.

At least this gun might be of interest for the steampunk crowd!

Anyone else see the post title and think Kraig?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Other than maybe for shooting from the prone with a large mag... what advantage does it offer over a traditionally oriented magazine?
    That's pretty much it as well as shooting from other positions where the mag might be in the way on the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Ruger makes a pretty nice bolt gun that takes AR mags, for quite a bit less than $1600...just sayin.

And with the mag on the bottom, you have the option of using a 30 rd mag as a monopod.

As a “toy” toy, I have to say that my tail wagged just a little over the mention of a short 300BLK version. Nice to see something a little different.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Make it a new USPSA division - LOL! I've seen folks shoot IDPA with a bolt rifle. The guy was good but obviously a slow time run but beautiful to watch a skilled person run the gun. That compared to a guy who ran a lever gun and messed up the levering all the time.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

I want one. When I saw this a few weeks ago I wanted one right away. No, it has no practical use for me really. I just dig it and want it.

The End.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Anyone else see the post title and think Kraig?
    I admit I was a little disappointed. Thought someone had scored a Krag.

User Tag List