Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen5 Glock 19 10 round magazines

Alright folks, I apologize about the delay in testing results... I was waiting on the latest batch of test ammo to ship. I tested the following loads through my Gen5 19 MOS, using the same (2) test sample Gen 5 G19 10 round magazines (w/ 2183-2 Orange followers):

50 rounds Speer 147gr G2
    50 rounds Hornady Critical Duty 135gr Flex Lock
    50 rounds Federal 124gr HST
    200 rounds Winchester 115gr FMJ White Box
    *the HST by far, had the largest diameter hollow-point of any rounds fired to date*

ZERO malfunctions/or failure to feed stoppages with any rounds today.

Stay tuned for more testing... so far so good!
    Last edited by eric0311; 03-14-2023 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Eric, this is great, and nicely dovetails in my testing of current Glock G19 10 round magazines in my Gen 3 G19, as discussed in this concurrently running thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ative-Upgrades

My question is regarding your orange followers, can you please check the markings on them? My current Glock parts list specifies that the only Orange followers for a Gen 5 are part number 52332, marked "7" or part number 1265, marked "2" but that the 2183 part number follower for G19 10 round magazines (marked "2183-2") (good up through Gen4) and black.

I'm also querying a source in Glock. The great news is that whatever the follower in your Gen5/Gen5 10 round magazines, they're working.

Check the Armorers Parts List on the Glock downloadable materials: https://us.glock.com/en/Downloadable-Materials

Best, Jon

The Gen5 G19 10 round magazines that I have been testing both have 2183-2 Orange followers.

This is good news. Thanks for buying and testing these mags. In my case, not owning a G19, my favored “pinkie rest,” for a G26, when ultra-concealment is not vital, is a G19 mag. I do not live in a capacity-limited state, but do visit or pass through such places.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    This is good news. Thanks for buying and testing these mags. In my case, not owning a G19, my favored “pinkie rest,” for a G26, when ultra-concealment is not vital, is a G19 mag. I do not live in a capacity-limited state, but do visit or pass through such places.
    No worries! I’m glad these tests can dispel some “inter webs” lore regarding the OEM Gen5 10 rounders. I’m going to keep running as many JHPs, from different manufacturers, through these things as I can.

As it stands, I wouldn’t hesitate to use them for carry.

It is about time that Glock redesigned their 10 round magazines. I was told by someone in the know the Fed was particularly hard on Glock during the 1994 AWB, and rejected their initial design.

Quote Originally Posted by eric0311 View Post
    Absolutely… I’m looking forward to leaving these things in a gear bin, permanently, once these laws get struck down (fingers crossed!).
    Unfortunately, I think we will all (in the USA) see a permanent federal ban within the next 15 years.

I have feedback to on this.

When visiting commie states I use gen 5 G19 10 round mags too.

No issues at all (did have issues with gen 3 and gen 4)

100 to 150 rounds of each

Ranger T 147
    HDT 124
    HST 147
    Hydrasok 124
    Gold dot 124
    Remington Golden Sabre 124
    Gold dot 115
    Sig 115
    Sig 124
    Sig 147
    Corbon 124
    Random Remington 115 jhp
    Some sort of Norma JHP

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I have feedback to on this.

When visiting commie states I use gen 5 G19 10 round mags too.

No issues at all (did have issues with gen 3 and gen 4)

100 to 150 rounds of each

Ranger T 147
    HDT 124
    HST 147
    Hydrasok 124
    Gold dot 124
    Remington Golden Sabre 124
    Gold dot 115
    Sig 115
    Sig 124
    Sig 147
    Corbon 124
    Random Remington 115 jhp
    Some sort of Norma JHP
    That’s awesome! Thank you for posting to this study… I don’t know for certain but I think Glock may have changed something with these Gen5 G19 10 rounders…. Something for the better!

Glad to hear that the Gen5 mags are reliable. Are they the orange 9mm6 followers? from what I've heard, the 10-round magazines with the 2183 followers give their owners nothing but trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooosh View Post
    Glad to hear that the Gen5 mags are reliable. Are they the orange 9mm6 followers? from what I've heard, the 10-round magazines with the 2183 followers give their owners nothing but trouble.
    The Gen5 orange follower is the same as the Gen3-Gen4 follower except for the color.

User Tag List