Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen5 Glock 19 10 round magazines

Gen5 Glock 19 10 round magazines

I recently purchased a few Gen5 G19 mags for out of state travel to states with hi-cap mag laws. I haven’t seen much traffic regarding the Gen5 10 rounders, so I thought I’d share my testing results, given the spotty history of OEM Glock 10 round G19 mags.

The magazines sport the Gen5 base plate, with an orange colored 2183 follower. Witness holes indicate the rounds accurately, in the magazine tube. I was able easily load 10 rounds into each magazine without the need for a loading tool. The fully loaded magazines were easy to seat into my pistol with the slide forward. Given the reported issues some have had in the past, with Gen 3/4 G19 10 round mags, specifically with flat-nose profile ammo, I began my testing with (4) loads that I carry/shoot regularly. I utilized a Gen5 Glock 19 MOS, with EPS Carry RDS and TLR-7A.

100 rounds -Winchester Ranger-T 147gr 9mm
    100 rounds -Gold Dot 124gr +P 9mm
    40 rounds -Underwood 147gr +P hardcast coated 9mm
    200 rounds -Winchester 115gr FMJ 9mm

Zero malfunctions/and or failures to feed with any of the rounds tested. I will continue to use the magazines in future testing and training, but so far so good.

Will be following as I am in a (obviously much safer now) 10 round state.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    That is good to hear!

I am hopeful we are going to get some good news out of CA soon that will be a step towards making those unnecessary. Of course it will be a long road, but hopefully will end in our favor.

Thanks for pointing these out, I did not know they were available.

Quote Originally Posted by eric0311 View Post
    I recently purchased a few Gen5 G19 mags for out of state travel to states with hi-cap mag laws. I haven’t seen much traffic regarding the Gen5 10 rounders, so I thought I’d share my testing results, given the spotty history of OEM Glock 10 round G19 mags.

The magazines sport the Gen5 base plate, with an orange colored 2183 follower. Witness holes indicate the rounds accurately, in the magazine tube. I was able easily load 10 rounds into each magazine without the need for a loading tool. The fully loaded magazines were easy to seat into my pistol with the slide forward. Given the reported issues some have had in the past, with Gen 3/4 G19 10 round mags, specifically with flat-nose profile ammo, I began my testing with (4) loads that I carry/shoot regularly. I utilized a Gen5 Glock 19 MOS, with EPS Carry RDS and TLR-7A.

100 rounds -Winchester Ranger-T 147gr 9mm
    100 rounds -Gold Dot 124gr +P 9mm
    40 rounds -Underwood 147gr +P hardcast coated 9mm
    200 rounds -Winchester 115gr FMJ 9mm

Zero malfunctions/and or failures to feed with any of the rounds tested. I will continue to use the magazines in future testing and training, but so far so good.
    As I am in New Jersey and use a Glock 19, thank you for sharing this. I specifically chose that platform when we had a 15 round limit and they did not make 15 rounders at that time for a Glock 17

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    That is good to hear!

I am hopeful we are going to get some good news out of CA soon that will be a step towards making those unnecessary. Of course it will be a long road, but hopefully will end in our favor.

Thanks for pointing these out, I did not know they were available.
    Absolutely… I’m looking forward to leaving these things in a gear bin, permanently, once these laws get struck down (fingers crossed!).

Eric - thanks for the info - will be watching with interest as I'm always "parking" my G19 while traveling outside of free states.

Looking forward to learning more about this. Trying to see if the value is there to switch to a G48 or similar.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I’m glad you all are tracking this… I wanted to see for myself if these 10 round mags were really maligned as some have professed on several websites… either way, I’m gonna find out!

Next up ( when they ship )

Hornady 135gr +p Critical Duty 9mm
    Gold Dot 147gr 9mm
    Federal HST 124 P9HST1S

Let’s see what these mags can do!

Thanks for doing this. Curious to see how things progress

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Eric, this is great, and nicely dovetails in my testing of current Glock G19 10 round magazines in my Gen 3 G19, as discussed in this concurrently running thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ative-Upgrades

My question is regarding your orange followers, can you please check the markings on them? My current Glock parts list specifies that the only Orange followers for a Gen 5 are part number 52332, marked "7" or part number 1265, marked "2" but that the 2183 part number follower for G19 10 round magazines (marked "2183-2") (good up through Gen4) and black.

I'm also querying a source in Glock. The great news is that whatever the follower in your Gen5/Gen5 10 round magazines, they're working.

Check the Armorers Parts List on the Glock downloadable materials: https://us.glock.com/en/Downloadable-Materials

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

User Tag List