Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shoot-Me-First Vests & Backup Sandwiches

Concealed carry aside attributes aside, I found a reasonable size back pack to be more useful than a vest when traveling and more adaptable to different weather conditions. Found a vest to be uncomfortable when loading it up with a lot of items.

In the south east it gets pretty hot and humid to sport a vest most days.

As always, your individual mileage may vary.

Duluth Trading makes some great light-weight summer vests. I wear those a lot and they cover very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    Duluth Trading makes some great light-weight summer vests. I wear those a lot and they cover very well.
    I remember they used to, but when I was over there yesterday I didn’t see any and was sad. They are definitely changing from what they once were.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Any thoughts on this vest?

This caught my eye at Duluth Trading online. I think I might give this one a go. What do y'all think?

https://www.duluthtrading.com/s/DTC/...html?color=COL

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    This caught my eye at Duluth Trading online. I think I might give this one a go. What do y'all think?

https://www.duluthtrading.com/s/DTC/...html?color=COL
    I didn’t see that one yesterday, I think I saw a light one that I wouldn’t wear so I didn’t pay attention. A dark color like that would be very useful. DT is one brand I will buy without trying first, it’s usually good and their return policy is generous.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

About the only thing the Scottevest is really good for is carrying a bunch of stuff with you onto carry-on, when flying and avoiding putting anything into the overhead bins, and possibly checked baggage (depending on the nature of your travel).

You can carry a ton of gear in one, and keep it secure on you. While I am not a fan of the whole look, they can serve a very narrow purpose for certain jobs. Even if you end up sticking a light jacket over the vest and use it essentially as a load bearing vest.

I have one that I have not worn for a number of years now. High quality, but I just don't need all to carry all the stuff anymore.

Site Supporter
    JAH3rd

That vest looks to be a bit short if you are wearing OWB and reach for things.

IMHO, that vest and those like it, mean nothing to vast majority of individuals. They do however, to those who pay attention on our world, both good and bad actors, are not remotely benign relative to a fleece vest or many other untucked tops that are, imho, better cover garments.

YMMV greatly
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I remember they used to, but when I was over there yesterday I didn’t see any and was sad. They are definitely changing from what they once were.
    I agree. Went to the Duluth store in Wichita and it was apparent they are now catering to the beard oil - plaid lumberjack shirt crowd. not that those are bad folks, just not what I consider trades wear.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Agreed, I can see one instance for my use; but they just have that vibe that the wearer complains about the free continental breakfast at a hotel and wears socks with sandals.
    You mean that's wrong?
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    You mean that's wrong?
    Socks and sandals? You're a Quebecois tourist, a geezer worthy of your own Progressive commercial, or a recently released inmate if you wear socks and sandals.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List