Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shoot-Me-First Vests & Backup Sandwiches

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Socks and sandals? You're a Quebecois tourist, a geezer worthy of your own Progressive commercial, or a recently released inmate if you wear socks and sandals.
    Lol. I don't fit any of the above.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I agree. Went to the Duluth store in Wichita and it was apparent they are now catering to the beard oil - plaid lumberjack shirt crowd. not that those are bad folks, just not what I consider trades wear.
    The last few times I've been to that store, I've found everything to be expensive and of little use to me.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Living in Central Texas, I believe I spontaneously burst into fire if I wore a vest outside of waddle and shoot, and frankly a primarily screen shotgun vest during early summer. Full summer we don't wear vests, as again, we don't want to die.

I will note, through what laughably passes as winter here I will wear lined shotgun vest and blue jean shirt under it. The pockets are lined and I am happy when walking the 1-3 dogs we have at any given time.

Site Supporter
    Yep, the light weight Magellan or similar shirts was my OWB coverage outfit. The vest might be worn to the match and then thrown in the back of the car. In 'winter' - haha - a fleece vest might serve.

Here, my -40 deg parka kind of precludes getting to a belt in 'real time'. Thus a pocket gun in the numerous parka pockets is the go to. The semi might be somewhere under the winter gear. However, my Eddie Bauer EverTherm Down Jacket works pretty well for average cold days and with a thick shirt, leaving it open is possible. You can even hoist it up with the other hand if need be.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    Just came across these from Cinch.... Not sure how I feel about a CC pocket. Never tried to draw from one... but... Looks nice and "local", not "gun".

https://cinchjeans.com/store/pc/mens...carry-c193.htm
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I remember they used to, but when I was over there yesterday I didn’t see any and was sad. They are definitely changing from what they once were.
    It’s March.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    It’s March.
    In Texas. It’s summer clothes season.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    We'll see what you say when the HamboVest comes out. Not one, but two sub sammiches fit in the tubluar coolerator pockets.
    your most at risk on the way in to Publix...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    your most at risk on the way in to Publix...
    But they do make a pretty good Sammich....
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List