Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington Reloaded--NRA Video

Remington Reloaded--NRA Video

Maybe not breaking news but news none the less.

I guess this means Hornady is the only big name not owned by one controlling company? Hopefully Vista can turn things around and make the Remington brand a good one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Maybe not breaking news but news none the less.

I guess this means Hornady is the only big name not owned by one controlling company? Hopefully Vista can turn things around and make the Remington brand a good one.

Nice on multiple levels.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

That is an extremely well done video and I wish Remington/Vista and the employees who work there all the luck in the world.

The most impressive thing about the video is the genuine energy one can feel from the employees interviewed.

I have been there and done that, from the position of laborer to senior management over the period of 38 1/2 years in the copper mining business, and have been on both sides of the mountain . . . . . . . struggling on a day-to-day basis hoping I had a job tomorrow to being the guy that all the employees looked to for guidance.

When a group of folks with the energy, expertise, and purpose of mission work together to turn an operation around and climb to the top of the mountain in their business, it is special. Very special, and a feeling that cannot be equaled, in my opinion.

I am among the many Remington ex-customers who no longer use their ammunition or reloading components, and there are good reasons for my decisions.

But folks can't fake the excitement, pride, and energy that came through on that short video, and my gut tells me Remington is going to come all the way back and achieve things that were not so long ago just an empty dream.

Don't know anything about Vista, but it at least appears they have leaders that are in touch with the employees, and have the common sense to drive the business to a point they have customers waiting in line for their products. Hope I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I guess this means Hornady is the only big name not owned by one controlling company?
    If we learned anything in the last three years, it's that relying on single sources and imports is a bad plan. I've shot a lot of Remington ammo and loaded a lot of their primers, and hope to again.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I am happy for the Lone Oak plant and expect great things. This is a great illustration of the difference between a company being owned by short sighted, know nothing PE vultures who are financial engineers, cost cutter least common denominator MBA's, not company builders, just in it for the 3-5 year window flip to the next group, and an owner like Vista who wants to be in the business for the next 50 years.

Ah, the illusion of choice gets thinner by the day...

Site Supporter
    Man...part of me is concerned about Vista gobbling up another ammo manufacturer...but then I am also hopeful that the quality that Vista is known for carries over to the new Remington ammo.

I'm hopeful that Vista won't treat Remington like some other purchaser would...that is to say, that they won't slice the face off of Remington's desecrated corpse and wear it in public pretending to be the once great company but lacking the respect to do it correctly.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Another Remington ammo video

I have long avoided Remington ammo, after bad experiences with .32 ACP that seemed loaded with black powder, and some really horrible .22 LR back in the early 2000's. The last Remington ammo I purchased was some .38 Wadcutter, which, while accurate enough, was horribly smokey and just as filthy as the .32 ACP. All of that, was, of course, pre-Vista, but I am still wary.

I too share the same concerns of Vista gobbling up the lions share of domestic ammo production. They make good ammo, but some competition in the market helps consumers. I have the same reservations with Hodgedon owning nearly all the domestic powder lines now too.

There are some people trying to bring ammo and primer production online here in the USA. Palmetto State Armory is one of them. I have not sampled their ammo yet, but I hope they continue to bring out products that people want, and grow that portion of their business.

Too many eggs in one basket. And Vistas bread and butter are government contracts.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

User Tag List