Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: .30 super carry

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The P-32 is one of the few guns my wife likes to carry. It was also a top choice among the participants on the former Women & Guns forum.
    One of mine went to a young lady who needed an inexpensive carry gun. AFAIK, she's still carrying it, probably with some of the same ammo I gave her when she purchased the gun from me.

The other went, along with a fair stash of reloading supplies and .32 ACP dies, to a retired gentleman with more patience and time than I, as a reloading and tinkering project.

It’s the solution to a question that has not been asked. Limited ammo options with minimal advantages.

Hoping for an EZ plus .380 with optic mount.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Me too. This possibility (hopefully likelihood) is what has kept me from buying a .380 EZ. They have been on sale recently, making a purchase tempting. If I recall correctly, the last time the Shield went on sale, it was right before they released an improved version?
    See something less snappy than 9mm as I get older. Was hoping .30SC would be it, but doesn't look promising.

Quote Originally Posted by paperman View Post
    Definitely buy a lot of ammo.
    Granted it might just be a Kansas thing but
    our Scheels has apparently had no luck selling the ammo.
    All of the ammo has been marked down 50-60% for the last 3 months and very few takers.
    Take advantage while it lasts.

Prices tend to fall as inventory outpaces demand.

Of course this is temporary and can eventually lead to shortages ...as 30 Super Carriers will soon discover

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I spoke to the ammo rep at big show, and expressed frustration at only S&W platforms, he assured me others were forthcoming, but he couldn’t disclose, other than he said a 19-20 round compact pistol will be coming!
    Just as I feared and predicted, instead of making smaller, lighter, caliber-specific pistols, most gun manufacturers are just going to see how many smaller cartridges they can shoehorn into a 9X19mm grip frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    Just as I feared and predicted, instead of making smaller, lighter, caliber-specific pistols, most gun manufacturers are just going to see how many smaller cartridges they can shoehorn into a 9X19mm grip frame.
    This also highlights one of the biggest risks for 30SC. It’s an inherently high capacity round - even micro compacts hold 12-13rd. And full size pistols will hold 20-21.

However ~1/3 of the country is living under magazine capacity restrictions limiting capacity. For them 30SC is a non starter. And if there’s ever a Federal 10rd limit again, the cartridge dies completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    Found this YouTube video interesting

"How to (more) easily load the magazines of the S&W Shield Plus in caliber 30 Super Carry"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sw25JECH_k

Some reports suggest that the UpLULA universal pistol magazine loader will work with the 30 Super Carry Shield Plus
    https://www.maglula.com/product/uplula/
    Velo, apologies, I see what you mean, as I was loading with the loading tool from the get go.

Site Supporter
    .30 SC has found it’s true home:

https://gundigest.com/rifles/tactica...rry-review/amp

Hi-Point Announces Model 995 30 Super Carry Carbine

Hi-Point has just announced a new variant of its Model 995 carbine chambered for 30 Super Carry.

The lack of cool guns in 30SC is definitely smothering its launch.

A P365 Macro in 30 SC that holds 20-21rd would be very interesting. As would a version of S&W M&P 5.7 gas powered slimline pistol adapted to .30SC.

For those with G43X/G48 mags and some 30SC ammo, I'm curious whether the cartridge is slim enough to be able to double stack in the stagger-stack 9mm 10rd mag? An G43X with 18rds of .30SC would also be compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    .30 SC has found it’s true home:

https://gundigest.com/rifles/tactica...rry-review/amp

Hi-Point Announces Model 995 30 Super Carry Carbine

Hi-Point has just announced a new variant of its Model 995 carbine chambered for 30 Super Carry.

But what if the 327 Federal and a blunderbuss had an illegitimate child that grew up and just teabagged the 30SC? That might at least pique my interest in some way beyond more than just this round's mere existence.

User Tag List