Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any one have good info about modern production M1 Carbine clones?

Not commercial Carbine related but still related none the less.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/con...the-m1-carbine

Honestly think a PCC would be a cheaper and better choice. Even in a restricted 10rd magazine state, such as NY, you would at least be able to get 10rd mags for a PCC. I might look for something a bit more powerful, like a 10mm or .45ACP PCC though. Unfortunately (in some minds), that might limit you to the Hi-Point. However, I've enjoyed shooting both the old style and the new style 9mm Hi-Point carbines. I might consider a 10mm in the future. Okay, now that I've thrown the Hi-Point PCC, out there, cast your stones.

A second thought would be to go with a lever action. The Pros are much better ballistics from a 30-30 or a .35rem, fast to shoot and easy to operate. The cons are low magazine capacity and slow to reload.

Another thought I have would be to go with a bolt action, chambered for 5.56x45. Ruger makes such a beast, that takes AR mags. There are 10rd AR mags available on the market. Pros are increased accuracy, improved triggers, takes AR mags. The only cons I have are that they are a bit slower to operate and they normally do not come with iron sights. If Ruger were Robin, Batman would slap him silly for that oversight in the meme world.

I think a lever action is good as a sporting rifle (i.e., low round count use scenarios, and low overall round count accumulations), and military-vetted bolt action and/or semi-autos for harder core/harder core, potentially lower maintenance use (particularly in environmentally challenging environments).

I'd take a Lee Enfield or Mauser/Mauser variant bolt action as a hard use/hard environment choice over virtually any lever action rifle, given the choice, both for operability and maintenance perspectives.

Not saying or implying a lever-action is useless or invalid, but probably not a good first choice for anything over a sporting/hunting environment scenario.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    How are they going to enforce that? There are millions of mags in the state already, and they aren't date coded, serialized, etc.
    One can also bring back any magazines owned prior to the ban that are out of state. This is largely so if I was to travel with my magazines, I would be able to return to the state with them.

However, if you had a friend or relative in another state, who you allowed to borrow your legally purchased magazines, you would be able to return to the state with those.

The enforcement is in the sole jurisdiction of the attorney’s general and his office since it falls under health and safety. So if Barney Fife observes a transaction involving banned magazines all he can do is write and submit a report.

The end game is to restrict movement or use, or to get them registered. As these current measures will not have any effect on crimes with firearms so they will need to take more drastic measures to protect us

User Tag List