Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Front Sight Fell Off My LTT 92

The RDO front sight is an aftermarket part from Langdon.

Concerning retaining compounds/sealants: Dawson's front sight installation video recommends Loctite 620.

In an old thread I saw a recommendation for Loctite 290 to glue pre-installed sights.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l-sights/page2

Loctite markets it as a "wicking grade" product that will migrate into and cure in confined spaces.

I have no experience with either. Are there other glues on the market that would be good for pre-installed dovetails sights?
    Last edited by LukeNCMX; 03-01-2023 at 10:37 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    There was a lot of discussion in one of the LTT 92 threads about the front sights, but they may be coming from a different course by now. I’m pretty sure they aren’t MIM on mine, but I might be wrong.
    I figured there might have been some discussion on this, but I don't spend enough time here on the forum to have any real clue where to start looking.

Thanks for the comments, I've got some good places to start.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    A replacement from Beretta might fit perfectly. My money says they will send you one free. I might have dreamed this but think peening to stretch mimmed parts is not as easy as doing this with non mimmed. Roughening up the bottom surface and applying Loctite will do the trick.
    I have peened MIM sights too. They're still steel and I assume they are not heated treated to the point of being impossible to peen or brittle since they are mostly made to be press fit parts.

Site Supporter
    After getting me some green Locktite from Bumper to Bumper last week, I got the sight put back on, thus far after 400 or so rounds this week, it's staying on.

User Tag List