Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallen Officer, Soldier, Michael Evans.

Fallen Officer, Soldier, Michael Evans.

Mods, forgive me if this is in the wrong spot. I was just looking for as much visibility as possible. This does have LL's blessing. Please move or rename thread as appropriate.

I am not sure where to begin. So let me just start by saying I am asking for help for Officer Evans' family. Evans was serving as a Police Officer in Germantown, TN near Memphis when he passed. Michael Evans is survived by his wife and four young children. Things will always be a struggle for his family from here on out but I am hoping to ease the initial burden by asking for help. I have witness kindness and generosity from many of the good people here and am asking now for this community's help. Presently members from my old unit are doing what they can already but every little thing helps. If you can't help through the link please share it. That alone I would be grateful for.

Now I don't feel like I can ask for any help without first giving you a little insight about Evans and because a blip on the news doesn't even begin to do Evans justice. I know I can't do it in a simple paragraph either but I'd like to try to give you an idea of what kind of man's family you'd be donating to. Evans was a good man. I don't say that casually and not just because he was someone who said hello to you or was polite. Neither because he'd take an interest in you if you were having a hard time. Plenty of people do those things but Evans was the kind that would go completely out of his way to help someone or do what was right.

Evans was a patriot and a protector of others to his core. He served roughly 9 years in the Army as an Infantryman and did multiple deployments before becoming an officer in 2014. Michael Evans was the kind of Soldier everyone wanted to have beside him. He was hard working, kind, funny, brave, and never complained or bitched. He always did his job and would set his own expectations. More often than not his expectations were higher than yours. I had the honor and privilege of leading him into combat for over a year in the city of Mosul, Iraq and on more than one occasion personally witnessed his bravery behind a machine-gun during two consecutive near ambushes. Evans lived a life of service to his country and community, that is more than most will ever give. He will be missed by everyone who knew him. God Speed Brother.

Check on your friends, check on those that aren't, it doesn't matter we are all human and we need to do a better job at acting like it. Society as a whole has gotten way too comfortable on social media posting about selected and photoshopped moments in an otherwise lonely life. There is a void that is left when someone dies, one that can never be filled. It makes things especially worse when it is avoidable. Lookout for one another. Thank you all.

Here is the link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/michael-e...sigFLRG1nnxxl4

Donation

The Friends here have helped me so here is what I can do.

Money is a little tight, as I just moved and have some things going on, on the personal side that are as of yet unresolved, though should be relatively soon (hopefully).

That said, I have components and have been cranking out ammo loading presses to pay the bills.

So.

If someone would like to donate a couple hundred bucks to this Fallen Officer's family, I will send them 200 rounds of whatever ammo they would like.

I have .38 Short Colt (fits in .38 Special guns), 240 grain .44 Magnum, .270 grain .45 colt and 170 grain .357 Magnums that I have produced. Some do not show in stock on the website, as I have just made them and have not had a chance to even box them up.

But if you let me know that you have sent this family the funds, and send me your address, they are yours.

I hope this will help.

@Lost River given all the hardship going around these days. Your generosity is astounding. Everything helps and thank you isn't enough.

Just paying back to our community.

One of our members has sent more than what was asked for the family. Very kind of him. He even requested to send only half the ammo, which won't happen.

This is the way.

I just want to say thank you PF for the help, and thank you LL for letting me post this.

Donated and posting, hoping to bring it back up to the top. Damn shame.

@Lost River In lieu of ammo you can let me shoot some of your revolvers one day.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

That is not a problem!

I feel for those kids, as well as the wife. It is bad enough losing a spouse, but when you are caring for 4 very young kids, that really decimates a lady's world. I have given that no small amount of thought.

This is just my own perspective.

When I was choosing someone to drive for me overseas, many of the guys (initially)did not give it much thought, and did not consider the role of driving to be that important. I explained to them that being the driver in diplomatic missions was one of the single most important assignments there was.

That person was not only responsible for the vehicle, and making sure it was in top condition, and going over every little detail to make sure, but they had the lives of everyone in the vehicle, in their hands. Being hyper alert, driving smoothly and professionally, as well making smart decisions was paramount. Every person in the vehicle had wives, kids, girlfriends, parents, etc. So the driver had literally dozens of people who counted on him to be at his best. One mistake and a whole bunch of kids could have their entire lives as they knew it destroyed.

When I saw pics of this man, his children and spouse, it just brought all that back. Plus knowing a number of LE over the years that have passed from incidents on the job, suicide, or other reasons, it simply reminded me of the families. We don't have to know the circumstances, to know that the family is hurting, and the spouse will have to deal with her kids by herself both emotionally and financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    When I saw pics of this man, his children and spouse, it just brought all that back. Plus knowing a number of LE over the years that have passed from incidents on the job, suicide, or other reasons, it simply reminded me of the families. We don't have to know the circumstances, to know that the family is hurting, and the spouse will have to deal with her kids by herself both emotionally and financially.
    I was just talking to another forum member about this. One of my biggest concerns is the emotional and psychological well being of the children. As adults we process things like this differently. Our perspective of the world is not centered around us. It will take time and counseling for the children to process and understand it's not their fault. It will be a real burden to bear for some time. The financial concern is another real issue. Long term things will be hard. Losing sole or primary provider is a huge hurdle to over come. I hope support does not waiver for Emily and the children.

This moment has certainly brought up a lot of memories and things that I thought I had handled well. Now is a good time to take inventory. I certainly hope to do better for myself and my small slice of the pie going forward for my people. Thank you again Lost River and PF. I've seen a good bit of anonymous donations and a PF marked one. I know it's you all. Thank you all. Truly.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    That is not a problem!

I feel for those kids, as well as the wife. It is bad enough losing a spouse, but when you are caring for 4 very young kids, that really decimates a lady's world. I have given that no small amount of thought.

This is just my own perspective.

When I was choosing someone to drive for me overseas, many of the guys (initially)did not give it much thought, and did not consider the role of driving to be that important. I explained to them that being the driver in diplomatic missions was one of the single most important assignments there was.

That person was not only responsible for the vehicle, and making sure it was in top condition, and going over every little detail to make sure, but they had the lives of everyone in the vehicle, in their hands. Being hyper alert, driving smoothly and professionally, as well making smart decisions was paramount. Every person in the vehicle had wives, kids, girlfriends, parents, etc. So the driver had literally dozens of people who counted on him to be at his best. One mistake and a whole bunch of kids could have their entire lives as they knew it destroyed.

Shit! Man! You just reframed something I have been struggling with since I was suspended as an FTO, for interpersonal communication complaints, but encouraged to keep supervising newbies and take the Sgt's test....I am at a loss for words...and thankful to you.

pat

User Tag List