Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Shot Leather, LLC announces the release of the SME!

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    Yours also looks brown? I thought black was the only option?
    Looks brown because it is brown.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I have fixed loops on mine because they’re lower profile. Also, the SME is a holster and a work of art. I’ve owned a couple highly touted leather AIWB holsters and IMO the SME is on another level. My only hesitation in buying another SME is the ride height as it’s not adjustable. If it rides at the same height as the SME P30, I’d pay the 2 bills and wait 5 years. However, my G17 SME rode too low and I had to sell it, which worries me about other Beretta SMEs since you never see them.
    He does offer a reverse cant, which sorta changes the height via the angle. Sorta. It's working quite well for me.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

John also makes a couple different height belt loops that’ll adjust the ride quite a bit. I’ve overcome the knuckle on belt issue with his longer ones. They’re (higher rise) what I use daily and the holster still conceals better than anything else I’ve ever tried. FWIW.

t

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    Looks like mine might be sometime next year than... (June 2017 order)
    Ordered mine December 2017 and I thought I was waiting a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Finally got mine in the mail today, order was made Feb 2017, received October 2018. It's a work of art, I'm very happy with it.
    Does it seem to you that these are slow selling holsters, and it only makes sense to craft them when a critical mass of orders have accumulated? No idea what the number might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Does it seem to you that these are slow selling holsters, and it only makes sense to craft them when a critical mass of orders have accumulated? No idea what the number might be.
    They almost certainly require him to tool up in a specific manner, which will often be dictated by the firearm model.

Batching is the only way that winds up making sense in a small shop.

I gotta say, I'm really happy with mine. I have the same issue with belt threading and the fixed loops, but it's worth the hassle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    They almost certainly require him to tool up in a specific manner, which will often be dictated by the firearm model.

Batching is the only way that winds up making sense in a small shop.

I gotta say, I'm really happy with mine. I have the same issue with belt threading and the fixed loops, but it's worth the hassle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Thanks @Jay585. Lots of times I wish my SME had snaps, as my belt has a hard time threading into the fixed loops
    I have to say the snaps are quite difficult to use with my belt. I'm using a Megingjörð belt and it's very difficult to snap closed, and half the time it's only partially closed. The single thickness portion of the belt is no issue to snap closed and it closes perfectly fine without a belt. I will have to try another belt and see if it works better. Maybe the Arcteryx Conveyor belt would be the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    That's possible, but if you actually look at the holster closely you can see the amount of time it would take to do one of these. Ralston has pieces of 1/8th inch leather that are tapered and fitted to each other to make a uniform 3/4" thickness. It's truly a work of art. I'll see if I can take a decent photo.

Not sure if it's just a SKU-type number or the number of holsters made, but next to the TLG stamp, it's got the number 295 on it.
    Last edited by Jay585; 10-06-2018 at 01:23 PM.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

5 Shot Leather, LLC announces the release of the SME!

That’s it’s # made, you are #295.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JM Campbell; 10-06-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    AKA: SkyLine1

Lucky #300 from his Shot Show batch. Glock 17 w/rough out front panel. I’ll try to post pics soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatDude View Post
    Ordered mine December 2017 and I thought I was waiting a long time.
    Got an email saying mine should be sent out by next week!

Name:  AE9D2B70-7878-42D8-9A25-C35A7B5C14AB.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  100.3 KBName:  75E5F9FF-50A2-4323-A2FB-4373D4064772.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  101.2 KBName:  6C1B0FAA-6836-49C4-8ABF-C0E611E73A70.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  99.7 KBName:  B30CE293-A7F3-4FFA-A2A2-7EA12607F937.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  101.3 KB

Here are a few pics of my SME showing the wedge and overall design.

User Tag List