Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Shot Leather, LLC announces the release of the SME!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'll have it.

As for the leather/kydex debate, both have their place. Both have their proponents. Both have their advantages. And both have their weaknesses. There are kydex aiwb holsters I like and use. The options for truly exceptional leather aiwb-specific designs are few, which is why we were so excited to convince Ralston to take on the challenge.
    Not to mention that the thing just looks damned nice. I had been back and forth on getting some leather items from him but after seeing the SME I was sold. Shark trim on this thing would be spiffy.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Gladto see this being released. I've heard Todd and SLG talking about the development for a long time. I'm confident it will be a great option as the last holster they worked on is exceptionally good in its own right.

Is there metal in the wing? I look fwd to on person pics. Congrats, I know it was a long time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by isis07734 View Post
    Is there metal in the wing? I look fwd to on person pics. Congrats, I know it was a long time coming.
    5 layer tapered leather per PF SME order email.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

wow; cool. Thanks, Sky!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    5 layer tapered leather per PF SME order email.
    Correct : ) No metal in "The Wing" ™

We are diminished
    Re: cant

John designed the holster so it could use either of two belt loops. One makes it cant, the other doesn't (it can't cant?).

All else being equal I prefer straight drop because I feel like it makes for a slightly faster draw. But for longer guns (like the 1911) a slight reverse cant definitely helps in terms of comfort and concealment. My Glock 17 prototype worked best as a straight drop but for the 1911 literally every aiwb I use has a slight reverse cant.

Re: cant

John designed the holster so it could use either of two belt loops. One makes it cant, the other doesn't (it can't cant?).

All else being equal I prefer straight drop because I feel like it makes for a slightly faster draw. But for longer guns (like the 1911) a slight reverse cant definitely helps in terms of comfort and concealment. My Glock 17 prototype worked best as a straight drop but for the 1911 literally every aiwb I use has a slight reverse cant.
    Does it ship with both? Since I am not an off the rack kind of guy, I need options.
    Taking a break from social media.

We are diminished
    Other than that the holsters are going to sell for $29.99, I don't know anything about the commercial package.

We are diminished
    going to sell for $29.99
    Not really.

User Tag List