Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Shot Leather, LLC announces the release of the SME!

Name:  concealed sme.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  25.2 KB
    Concealed with the SME. Or JMC. Or my Sparks EX-RSO at 3:00. There's no way to tell.

In summary, the SME created a more pronounced but rounder bulge with more tuck. The JMC, which does not have the extra tuck feature, conceals just as well; it's a total wash between the two. The shorts in this photo have a bad loop for AIWB, forcing the gun more to the centerline than I think the JMC wants to be; the SME seems to want to be at the centerline, and I think I remember John saying it was supposed to be.

Either conceals adequately but frankly I find I can hide a gun just as well with more comfort in the EX-RSO, and the EX goes with my normal concealment method of a sport coat. I continue to experiment with AIWB (with manual safety guns) but am not an aggressive adopter.

Thanks for the pics, JAD. I really like the idea of the SME but it looks to me like the JMC would work better for my body type which looks similar to yours. The JMC is much more minimalist and that is what I will probably go for. I think the JMC AIWB with extra tuck will most likely be in my future. Of course, I'd like to try them all for my G19 and 1911 but that is not accounted for in my budget.

BTW...is that a Volund Atlas belt you are wearing?

That is a Volund Atlas Belt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

'Tis. Not a fan, but it's what I had on at the moment.

I have a JMC for a G17 that has the extra tuck. I find it to be very uncomfortable, which is OK because I'm also fundamentally not that comfortable with SFA AIWB. I think the best way to sum up the difference between the SME and JMC is that the SME produces a better tuck without sacrificing comfort at the pubic bone / thigh crease, at the expense of 'smooth bulk.' They both are quite workable for my body type (38R / 32x32 / 5'10" 165#). I find myself using the SME when I wear an undershirt and the JMCK when not, just because I'm not afraid to sweat up the JMCK.

So you do not feel that you need any additional tuck with either the SME or JMCK, built in tuck feature or velcro'd on padding?

Nope. The moar tuck of the SME is handy with a full-size commander grip -- the CCO is cheating -- but I wouldn't do the extra tuck feature on a JMCK again.

Didn't JodyH smooth out his tuck with a hair dryer and a wooden spoon?

What a man does in the privacy of his own home is his business.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Just touching base in this old thread to say that I still LOVE my SME.

I received my SME from the first batch and it still comfortably conceals my G17 like a champ. I keep seeing other holsters online and you know you can't help it as you seek to try all the other stuff, and it's safe to say that I have probably wasted $350-450 picking up other holsters to see if I could find something better. I have not found anything that hides my G17 better and is comfortable as well.

The SME is the most awesome holster that I have worn to date.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I ordered one for a G17 in March, no word on a ship date at this time for those that are curious. I was quoted 12-16 weeks when ordering.

I've since found a LNIB used SME for a P30 and that is hands-down the most effective and comfortable AIWB holster I've ever used. Whereas I would typically use a muzzle wedge with other holsters, this holster does not require one in my experience. After carrying without one, I think that plays into the comfort level quite a bit.

User Tag List