Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Shot Leather, LLC announces the release of the SME!

Has anyone used one of these in a Shivworks evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Chipster View Post
    Lucky #300 from his Shot Show batch. Glock 17 w/rough out front panel. I’ll try to post pics soon enough.
    This sounds sweet, any pics to share?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatDude View Post
    Got an email saying mine should be sent out by next week!
    Nice! Looking forward to mine as well. I didn't indicate fixed loops or snaps, and I wasn't asked. Is this a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    Nice! Looking forward to mine as well. I didn't indicate fixed loops or snaps, and I wasn't asked. Is this a thing?
    I didn't indicate that option either but previously I was carrying a holster with fixed loops so it's a non-issue for me.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone used one of these in a Shivworks evolution?
    I have an SME for a 1911, but when I took ECQC I used SouthNarc's G17T, for the FOF portions. The -17Ts were just dropped in the waistband sans holster "Mexican carry" and used FOF. The ability to retain without a holster was what sold me in AIWB and the ECQC concepts.

The SME retains well, better than a simple belt...

Next year I plan to order one for my RMR Glock.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by RMF View Post
    Attachment 40424Attachment 40425Attachment 40426Attachment 40427

Here are a few pics of my SME showing the wedge and overall design.
    @RMF - I would very much like to see more pictures (and hear your thoughts) on that Vickers Elite 1911. Great looking pistol.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Mine came in yesterday evening. Well worth the wait. Jon's customer service was great throughout the whole ordeal. I changed my order like 3 times and he must have been annoyed I'm sure.

The craftsmanship is second to none. It's a breath of fresh air to see that this type of work is still around in this day and age.

Thank you Jon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mine came in yesterday evening. Well worth the wait. Jon's customer service was great throughout the whole ordeal. I changed my order like 3 times and he must have been annoyed I'm sure.

The craftsmanship is second to none. It's a breath of fresh air to see that this type of work is still around in this day and age.

Thank you Jon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    How long did it take to get? I'm still waiting for mine... ordered in Dec of 2017. I have contacted John and he tells me its "in production". I kinda gave up on it and him.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    How long did it take to get? I'm still waiting for mine... ordered in Dec of 2017. I have contacted John and he tells me its "in production". I kinda gave up on it and him.
    Was it black? Message him. If you don't, send me your name and I'll ping him for ya.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    He posted for those who have been waiting on existing orders that he suffered some health issues, he has been focused on getting healthy has expressed his apology for his lack of proper communication and the extended wait time over his normal 12 - 18 months...
    He also has added an apprentice who is doing some of the prep work while John does the boning and finishing. I will be placing a substantial order soon with full confidence as I already have done business with John and he is a stand up great guy, and an incredible leather craftsman.

User Tag List