Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 42 pocket holster?

Glock 42 pocket holster?

Bought a G42 on a whim after getting frustrated with LCP MAX reliability. Has anyone had experience with front pocket holsters for this gun (with retention)? I also made an assumption that the G42 would draw from a pocket as cleanly as my 640, which it does not. It’s a night and day difference.

I use this one for pocket carry but prefer a regular holster.

https://www.bigtexordnance.com/produ...ocket-holster/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I pocket carry 5 days/week for 6-7 months/year, and have pocket carried both a G26 and P365 regularly. The best pocket holster I have found is this one:

https://aholster.com/pocket-aholster/

I suggest wrapping a couple of layers of Moleskin around the pocket hook by the rear sight, extending a short diatance past the end of the hook, to protect your pockets.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I use the DeSantis Superfly, fits very well in the Duluth pants I've been wearing. Don't really need the extra shield piece to break up the outline. In those pants, pretty concealed.

I do belt carry once in awhile, esp. when my back was not sympatico to heavier guns. Then I used a JM OWB and a Blade Tech for a couple of extra mags. They disappear under a floppy shirt.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by KeithH View Post
    Bought a G42 on a whim after getting frustrated with LCP MAX reliability. Has anyone had experience with front pocket holsters for this gun (with retention)? I also made an assumption that the G42 would draw from a pocket as cleanly as my 640, which it does not. It’s a night and day difference.
    I've tried a whole lot of pocket holsters. These are my favorite:
    https://alabamaholster.com/product/f...ocket-holster/

As for the draw, it really shouldn't be slower than a J-frame, if your pants aren't too tight and you practice an appropriate draw stroke: up and to the rear (toward the hip). That will keep the rear of the slide from hanging up.

If your hand size and pocket size allow it the Claw Grip is a good way to avoid snagging the slide/sights on the pocket mouth as your thumb acts as a blocking ramp.

I've found the PCS Blackbird to work very well for me.

https://www.pcsholsters.com/products/blackbird

I have a 42. Don’t expect 9 mm type reliability.

The factory mag with a pinky extension, and some skateboard tape on the front strap will aid drawing

Depending on pocket, size and hand size the “ claw” draw as illustrated above may be required

Nothing draws as securely or consistently as a J type frame from front pocket. With certain types of pockets and good conditions, you may be as fast with a 42 but with less than ideal circumstances, (think on the ground, or against the wall or entangled) and with many types of pockets it’s not an easy draw.

Good luck!

Site Supporter
    I have, and carry, a G42. I do not usually use it in a pocket: if i need smaller in my pocket than a Centennial Airweight, I usually drop to the P32. It draws easier, but the grip is much more of a compromise. Usually, I just carry the 442/642 in the pocket.

The G42 gets carried in a SmartCarry for clothing and/or activities that require that level of deep concealment. The most often it is carried is in my fanny pack for cycling (but if I already have the Jframe out, I just take that). Some occasions call for a belt gun that is ultra thin and ultra light, and it will get carried that way, too. Usually, a belt gun is something more substantial.

I have a Vedder, but I rarely use it. A 42 in a JMCK AIWB 2.5 is invisible under an untucked polo.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List