Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Shot Leather, LLC announces the release of the SME!

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I ordered one for a G17 in March, no word on a ship date at this time for those that are curious. I was quoted 12-16 weeks when ordering.

I ordered mine sometime in January or February (I think... I’ve forgotten exactly), still waiting on mine.
    Last edited by Jay585; 10-19-2017 at 08:01 PM.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I ordered one for a G17 in March, no word on a ship date at this time for those that are curious. I was quoted 12-16 weeks when ordering.

I've since found a LNIB used SME for a P30 and that is hands-down the most effective and comfortable AIWB holster I've ever used. Whereas I would typically use a muzzle wedge with other holsters, this holster does not require one in my experience. After carrying without one, I think that plays into the comfort level quite a bit.

How was the ride height on the p30 SME? I had one for a g17 and my knuckles would get banged up on on my belt pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I ordered mine sometime in January or February (I think... I’ve forgotten exactly), still waiting on mine.

That’s about the same time frame that I ordered mine too.
    Last edited by EVP; 10-20-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    How was the ride height on the p30 SME? I had one for a g17 and my knuckles would get banged up on on my belt pretty good.
    I don't notice any discomfort on my knuckles at all when drawing. It looks like it would, but it doesn't. I wear a medium glove and have fairly thin fingers if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I’ve had both and sold the G17 version for that reason. I doubt I’ll ever sell the P30 version. The ride height is perfect, the comfort is unreal, and the retention is excellent. It’s amazing. I’d like one for a PX4 if it had a ride height similar to the P30 SME.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Just spoke with John over the phone today and got in line for one of these. Can't wait to get this in my pants...

The hardest part is waiting, I have been anxiously awaiting.

Ordered one today for a VP9. John quoted 16 to 20 weeks....

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    Ordered one today for a VP9. John quoted 16 to 20 weeks....
    Probably be a lot longer than that. Still waiting on mine...

When you ask for updates, he says “a few more weeks”.

Not complaining, just letting you know what you’re in for.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

My order from a while ago was also quoted at 16-20 weeks and actually came in at around 13-14ish months if I remember correctly. Just to help manage expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did say his normal lead time is 2 years and he does the SME's in batches. I know not to be in a hurry. I'll be happy when I get it. I had one for a 1911 Commander that was one of my favorite holsters I have ever worn. Decided the 1911 platform wasn't what I wanted to stick with so I sold it. I'm using my JM Custom in the mean time.

User Tag List