Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: What is it About Revolvers and Older Pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by High Cross View Post
    Still rocking those Ruger GP 100s?
    Yes, though 2” S&W Model 64 and SP101 revovlers get more actual carry time than the GP100s and Speed Sixes
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Yes, though 2” S&W Model 64 and SP101 revovlers get more actual carry time than the GP100s and Speed Sixes
    Well, on a good day, I can spell “revolvers.”
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    I'm reading this thread too much. Last night, I had a dream that I was in a motel, swarming with zombies and all I had was my SW 632 3 inch 327 Fed Magnum, hammered, SS revolver. Surprising, it did the job with single head shots and I woke up not in a sweat from being killed.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I'm reading this thread too much. Last night, I had a dream that I was in a motel, swarming with zombies and all I had was my SW 632 3 inch 327 Fed Magnum, hammered, SS revolver. Surprising, it did the job with single head shots and I woke up not in a sweat from being killed.
    I started having many dreams that my revolver wouldn’t fire early last year. Your post made me realize it’s been a few months since that’s happened (in my dreams).

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Speaking of old memories...
    Way back when, in the late 1980's while I was in junior high, I got to have a bit of a shooting party on a vacant lot with a friend, his dad, and his uncle. His uncle happened to be a police officer from Tampa I believe, or one of the departments in the area that had just adopted the newfangled Glock 17.

So, that's how the Glock 17 became the first centerfire auto pistol I've ever shot.
    Late ‘80s? Old memories?

What?

My first CF handgun shots were from Dad’s Remington Rand 1911-A1.

First handgun of any sort was Gramps’ first-issue Colt Woodsman.

Site Supporter
    Memories of old wheel guns:

1. First was a SW 442. Traded it for a 642 as l liked the finish better.

2. Next, SW 651 - way back when. I wanted a SW 63 in 22LR but the LGS couldn't find one and offered a 22 Mag. Nice gun but the 22 mag in a revolver wasn't for me. Ammo was expensive and the round gunked up the gun terribly. After 50 rounds, the cylinder froze from gunk and I had to use a can of Gunk Blaster to free it. Sold it but should have kept it as they appreciated.

That was in the mid 90's.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Late ‘80s? Old memories?

What?

My first CF handgun shots were from Dad’s Remington Rand 1911-A1.

First handgun of any sort was Gramps’ first-issue Colt Woodsman.
    To be fair, it was the Fudd era. While a lot of folks owned guns, most tended to be of the classic sporting variety. If someone had a semi-auto rifle, it was probably a .22lr of some sort.
    And the few people I knew back then who owned handguns, almost all of them had revolvers. The first centerfire handgun I shot was my Grandpop's .32 H&R.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Good, because as the current lore seems to have it, only shots that bust the brainpan kill zombies. And a .327 Federal Magnum should do quite nicely.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Well it came today! 🙂

Name:  6E1DEC0B-C5DD-4107-AD3E-950D73ED57E8.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  31.6 KB

The first handgun I ever fired was my dad’s H&R 929 9 shot .22LR. Actually a pretty good shooting revolver.

Site Supporter
    ^^^^Mine did too. It'll be good to be reading off paper rather than my computer screen.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

User Tag List